Exhaust/Trans Linkage Interface Issues

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
So, I'm installing TTI Shorty headers and extension pipes in my Dart....got tired of the long tubes dragging the ground. But I'm running into issues.

I bought the TTI linkage adapter for my column shifter to clear, and it works. However, it seems my kickdown linkage is set too far off the trans case. I can't connect the rod from the pivot arm to the kickdown lever. The trick is that I have an A-518 trans, and I think the guy that installed it reused my original 904 linkages.

Are there any differences in these parts between transmissions? I'll post some images a bit later to show the issue. I can probably cut/modify the pivot arm, but would to see if there is a proper setup before I go hacking on stuff.

It might just be easier to get the Lokar cables, like I finally did. On my 340/727 which had stock linkage, there was no way the kickdown was going to work with the TTI shorties. A very poorly designed set of headers/connector pipes IMHO.

It might just be easier to get the Lokar cables, like I finally did. On my 340/727 which had stock linkage, there was no way the kickdown was going to work with the TTI shorties. A very poorly designed set of headers/connector pipes IMHO.

Is it possible to use the kickdown with a factory setup, or do I need to go all Lokar? I was thinking about cutting/hacking/welding the factory setup, the the Lokar looks MUCH easier to deal with. This is being done in concert with a conversion to a Fitech EFI system...so I guess now it the time to do the conversion.

I agree the setup could have been better, especially on the left side. I only went the TTI route because factory 340 HP manifolds are just as expensive.

Is it possible to use the kickdown with a factory setup, or do I need to go all Lokar? I was thinking about cutting/hacking/welding the factory setup, the the Lokar looks MUCH easier to deal with.
I could not figure out how to make the stock linkage work with the TTI stuff. They did include some very sketchy instructions on how to "modify" the linkage, but I could not quite follow it. Plus I just figured it was probably wrong.... like the other part of the instructions that tells you how to modify the console shifter linkage, which was totally unnecessary.

If you go with Lokar be advised you must get both kits... the throttle cable & mounting brackets plus the kickdown cable & brackets. Good luck.

I could not figure out how to make the stock linkage work with the TTI stuff. They did include some very sketchy instructions on how to "modify" the linkage, but I could not quite follow it. Plus I just figured it was probably wrong.... like the other part of the instructions that tells you how to modify the console shifter linkage, which was totally unnecessary.

If you go with Lokar be advised you must get both kits... the throttle cable & mounting brackets plus the kickdown cable & brackets. Good luck.

Yep, I ordered everything. Probably best, since the factory setup is at an uphill angle anyway, with my Airgap intake.

-
Back