Experiences with fiber glass trunk lids???

-

savoy

Reaction score
Guys, pondering putting a pin on glass trunk lid on my 68 hemi dart semi- clone to avoid the hassle of trunk hinges on a car that has altered rear wheel tubs. Would appreciate any opinions; the good, the bad, and the ugly of doing so and suggested sources for the best quality lid. Thanks in advance.

I have one on my 71 Scamp - easy easy to deal with when it comes time to refuel! SO light. Sometimes a "thing" to put it somewhere while it's off... you always have to have a blanket with you. You do have to be aware that is there too - NOT good for pushing on. Also, paint can "spider" after some time - constantly having to take it off/on tends to stress the fiberglass some. Mine was on the car when I bought it, so I can't help you out with a supplier.

I have a couple things from glasstek company is from Naperville Illinois . Really good quality and great price . I have the full pin on trunk and can't complain about the quality at all . I like the weight saving , but it is kinda a pain to get in the trunk sometime .

X2 on glasstek. But the factory brackets/hinges can easily be adapted to modified wheel tubs.

-
Back