F-body 8.25 rear for duster?

-

peelo57

Reaction score
Hi

can i use f-body's rear axle in my duster without cutting axels?

in mymopar.com there is list of mopar axels and f-body rear is just 1,14'' wider than my 7.25 now

if you have pictures a body with f bodys rear can you link them that i can see

Yes, I can't remember the specifics of it but it can be done. I think the F bodies used a different setup to mount the rear. My Scamp had an F body rear in it but it was not me that installed it.

Yes, I can't remember the specifics of it but it can be done. I think the F bodies used a different setup to mount the rear. My Scamp had an F body rear in it but it was not me that installed it.

yes the F bodies utilizes the iso-clamp setup,

# 1: is the iso clamp basically a box goes around the springs with a piece of rubber in it.

# 2: shock plate, just holds the shock only
# 3: U bolts go around axle and down through the shock plate and iso clamp

long story short just use 8 1/4 shock plates from an A body and you will have it made

Attachments

• iso clamp.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 319
thanks alot:cheers:

have to buy that aspen rear and start to do my first rear resto/swap

You will need to weld on a set of spring perches also. IIRC, I used the set from my 7 1/4. I have a set of instructions that another member sent to me, PM me with your address and I will forward them on to you.
This isn't a difficult job, good luck with it.
C

Got more info about the rear axle.

rear width is 59,8'' drum to drum so its very close to b-body's rear 59,2''
and the 7 1/4 is about 57,4'' drum to drum, have to double check this tomorrow.

So diffirence would be just 2,4'', 1,2'' each side.

so looks like good width for me.

and it is so that 8 1/4 rear axle case is diffirent if there is 2.45 gear ratio so i can't change higher ratio gears like 3.23?

-
Back