F body headers in an A-body?

-

72goldduster

Mopar Kid
Reaction score
i was just shopping around for headers, and the more specialized you get, the more expensive they are. all I've been able to find are schumacher and tti headers. those are way out of my price range, and I'm worried about the fit.
i know i shouldn't be so picky because of my situation, but i just don't like the "shorty" style headers. what are some other options? i know A bodies sorta evolved into f bodies which is why im wondering if they fit.

I wanna say YES, but you should spend a couple minutes on Summits, JEGS, whoever's website. Check pt#'s on the headers. If they list the same pt# for a 69 Dart as they do for a 77 Volare, you're good to go. Keep in mind, ANY brand of header has their own quirks as far as fitment, some worse than others, obviously. I can't recommend any of the lower or higher priced headers, because it has been YEARS since I've actually bought a set.

I think you're in luck. Summit lists the same part number for their headers on a V8 Duster as they do a V8 Volare. You got me curious, I had to check for myself. But because they advertise the same part number you might want to consider this a "one size fits most" application. The K-frame on the F-bods is huge compared to the A-bod, so it might take some trial and error and some good use of vocabulary. But the price just might make it worth the effort for your budget.

-
Back