F@cking Ebay

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
So I went out today to attach my new leaf springs and found out I got royally hosed today by some asssshole that sold me 7 1/4 rear shock mounts instead of the 8 3/4 ones he had listed. I'm pissed. Now I have to hunt down another set of mounts for a 8 3/4 rear after I had already sandblasted and painted them. What a prick. Hope he responds to my email and makes good. Had to vent. I know there are hundreds more stories like mine.

who is he and where is he from ,dont want to buy from him. hate a$$holes like him. would be nice to do the same to him

Exactly why I dont buy and sell on e-bay.

Are you aware that mopar perf. makes new shock mounts ?? I have them listed in my catalog at work...... if interested send me a p.m. Dave.

I can hook ya up with part #'s and parts if needed.

-RPM

Anybody know this guy

Jason Jacobitz
143 E McWilliams St
Fond du Lac, WI 54935

goes by mprmaniac68 on ebay

hope somebody knows him

Had the exact same thing happen to me also. Bought some mounts that were supposed to be for an 8-3/4. Paid for them and they sat in a box for about 3 months before I got around to using them and then I noticed they were 7-1/4 mounts. Bad thing was I allready gave him good feedback and didn't keep his info so I had no way to go back on him. Learned a hard lesson there. That was early in my buying/selling days on e-bay. Since then I've had about 300 transactions that have went great. You just have to read the auction carefully and inspect the part right when it comes in and don't give em any slack. If they don't answer your e-mail about a problem file a complaint. I did once and it got the problem solved.

Did you try to contact him? Your post didn't say so. I have had guys send the wrong stuff who were happy to send the right stuff at their cost.

Maybe the guy didn`t know what he had??? I bought a box lot of parts on Ebay just to get one of the parts the guy was selling. Needless to say I ended up with a ton of parts I didn`t need. So I go to sell them on Ebay using the info that was on his auction ,only to be told that the door panels I had advertised as 68 Dart door panels were actually 69 Coronet door panels??? The silver lining is that for 5 days I got no bids on them and as soon as I amended the auction to read 69 Coronet panels I got several bids and they ended up selling for more than what I expected!:toothy10: Give the guy a chance to make it right or at least to explain himself first.:glasses9:

Dave,

I believe that 8 1/4 A-body shock plates are the same as 8 3/4's. You might be able to find those easier than the 8 3/4 plates.

Rob

There are some good points. I also had one fellow send me the wrong parts and when I let him know he promtly sent me the right ones and re-imbursed me for shipping back the wrong ones he sent. In the process I mentioned I need a couple other items and he said he had them and sent me them for free because of his screw up. Sometimes guys try to pull the wool over your eyes and sometimes things just happens.

i hear you guys. i got worked when I originally bought the rear. the guy took forever to send it. finally had to file a fraud case. that fired him up quick.

Yeah i know that the 8 1/4 will work. Have not seen any on ebay today. Some people post the part number but usually those guys want too much. Hopefully, he will contact me and this mess will be cleared up. Just sick of ebayers screwing people over. Won't change but I try to be wary of any deviousness.

ive been screwed once. bought door glass for my cuda. only $38 +shipping. never got the glass. that guy had over 100 feedbacks 100% positive. never heard a word from him. seems like if youre gonna screw someone go for big time not 38 bucks!

-
Back