F***ing Pissed!!!

-

RTom

Depressingly A-Bodyless..
Reaction score
So, they only other older mopar I have seen at the college I attend is a 73-74 Plymouth Fury. It looked really good besides a crease in the driver side quarter. I never had the chance to go talk to the kid who drove it, but always saw it driving around.

Tuesday, my wife and I were coming back from looking at a house and I say that fury in the gym parking lot with the driver side door/roof area crushed in (like it started to tip and hit a pole ).

I told my wife that it was such a shame and that I should find out who owns it and talk to them about it.

Wednesday roles around and I'm playing pool in the SUB with a couple of buddies. One of my buddies starts talking about the stoner kid who wrecked his car, I immediatly knew that he was talking about the fury.

Turns out the kid had 'his breaks lock up on him' while driving down the freeway (the kid is a huge stoner and we all have a hard time beliving he was not stoned at the time, even though he says he wasn't) and he slid into a light pull.

Come to find out his dad gave him the car and that his Dad was the original owner. My buddy tells me the kid is just looking to get rid of it and get a new car. I tell my buddy to tell the kid that I'll give him $500 cash as it sits.

Well, less than half an hour after that, my buddy sees the kid and goes to tell him that I'd pay him. He comes back shaking his head and tells me the kid just sold it to a scrap yard for $200! :shock:

I was so freaking mad. The rims alone were worth more than the $200. There were so many good parts left on that car that could be used on other cars, and he jost sold it for $200. He didn't even care when my buddy told him I'd more than double that price!

The SOB probably already 'smoked' away that money! :mad:

Sorry for the rant. I was just so mad to there that he would throw the car away like that. He didn't even try to look around to see if anyone could use parts off it!

That realy sucks. It is alway disapointing when I see an old Mopar and talke to the owner only to find out that they are not "old car guys" but rather just some guy with an old car. What a shame.

Smart as a steaming pile of (fill in the blank). I work at a bank in the "not-so-nice" part of Topeka, Kansas and you would not BELIEVE how many classic cars I see that people are driving that let them go to crap. There was a '67 Satellite that I saw frequently around the area and mentioned it to one of the customers that comes in. He said the guy that drove it had "plans" for it. Of course I figured engine work, LOTS of body work (lots of rusted through parts on it), and some fresh paint. Some time went by without seeing it over the winter until one day I see what I thought was the same car painted gold flake with rims and "SCARFACE" PAINTED ON BOTH SIDES OF THE CAR!!!! PLANS MY A$$!!!!!!! WHAT A WASTE!!!!!!

alot of scrap yards dont dabble in classics any more and they go right to the crusher....you may be able to offer to buy it from them for more than they payed?

I'm all for spanking kids. My parents spank me and (at least I think) I turned out pretty well mannered...

I know that if my Dad ever gave me his car ( a 67 Dart GT Convertible he bought when he was 14 from a junkyard and completly restored himself ) I would take the utmost care with it and never drive while under the influence of anything...

The problem is that I am moving in about 2 weeks and don't have the time/space to store a car before the move... I figured if I bought it straight from him I could have him keep it in the school parking lot until I had a new place to live...

The problem is that I am moving in about 2 weeks and don't have the time/space to store a car before the move... I figured if I bought it straight from him I could have him keep it in the school parking lot until I had a new place to live...

Why can't you still leave it there? There wouldn't be any difference in buying it from the salvage or the stoner.

Quick, find out the yard and make offers!

Really ?? That excited over what some clown is doing , if you are going to start worrying over dipshits like that you are never going to get any sleep ....

Perhaps he thought Thunderbolt and Lightfoot was a documentary?

635.jpg

-
Back