FABO Young Guns .

-

cjwatts

Reaction score
Noticed there's a wide variety of people on here, all different ages.

What I'm interested in is to see the younger crowds A-bodies. I know you're out there.

This thread can bring a whole new variety of styles to a-bodies for this site.

Show what you got !

Say..Age 25 and under ?

Whether it be father and son, independent, daily driven, track driven, strip driven, beginning of a project, middle, or end !

We all have different styles so lets represent for the youngins here on FABO !

:burnout::happy1::blob::glasses7::

heres my car

RASCAL

Im 18 and found him in september. went and visited on 11-22-2014 (date of pics)

picking him up on saturday 12-20-2014

76 Feather Duster stock red with white stripe powered by a slant 6 with a 4 speed. Nothing special yet but come back in 2 months and it'll be a new car

Attachments

• Driver side rear quarter rust 11-22-2014.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 450
  • dash 11-22-2014.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 445
  • driver seat view 11-22-2014.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 465
  • slant 6 11-22-2014.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 441
  • whole car 11-22-2014.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 471
  • passenger side fender dent 11-22-2014.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 436
heres my car

RASCAL

Im 18... come back in 2 months and it'll be a new car

Whoa, slow down there MeucciGarage. Two months? Time for a reality check there my little friend! I don't want to discourage you, but ... Two years would be more realistic! It's a cool car, good luck with the project.

Whoa, slow down there MeucciGarage. Two months? Time for a reality check there my little friend! I don't want to discourage you, but ... Two years would be more realistic! It's a cool car, good luck with the project.

ok...its obvious that its not gonna be a 2 month fix up and i know that it was just a figure of speech...i mean im 18 and on a highschool budget..its obvious it wont get done as fast as id like it to. im not trying to come off rude or anything because im not im on here to make friends and get help, but in 2 months it will be a new car because it will be different and thats good enough for me. progress. thank you for the compliment tho :) hope we can talk knowledge or storys on a better note next time :)

Im 20 and I inherited my late fathers 70 340 dart swinger original sublime car I do not have pics yet but can post some

heres my car

RASCAL

Im 18 and found him in september. went and visited on 11-22-2014 (date of pics)

picking him up on saturday 12-20-2014

76 Feather Duster stock red with white stripe powered by a slant 6 with a 4 speed. Nothing special yet but come back in 2 months and it'll be a new car

the Great thing bout the feather is id that is the 4 speed OD, in good mechanical condition, that car will get 30 mpg! great find....
great idea..... us "older" folks enjoy seeing what the young guns think and seeing their zest for everything!!!

I'm 20 and here's my 72 Duster project that I picked up in February. I believe the car was a twister, its got the dual scoops, sharktooth grill and an 8 3/4 rear but without a fender tag or buildsheet I can't prove it. The car was originally B5 and will be painted that again when the time come.

Plans include a MPFI 5.9 Magnum, ax-15 Dakota 5 speed and and an 8.8 LSD rearend. The interior will have modern seats and CUPHOLDERS! I'll also be swapping to BBP 11.75" disc brakes up front. When the cars done I want a car that I can jump into and head out for the opposite coast if I want! I want it to look good but I will definitely drive it, a lot!

View attachment image.jpg

Im not a young gun any more lmao damn .

HAHA me either ...when I joined FABO I was still a young gun and now that seems like such a long time ago .....dang im getting old. Oh well at least I am still under 30 so the depends are not needed yet.

I'm 13 We're building a pro street 1968 dart, found it when I was 11 ..

The cudas were a father and son project , so is this one but it's all mine

Attachments

• image-477266139.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 409
  • image-1861506431.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 407
  • image-157376050.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 408
Here's also a rust free (its got surface rust but no rot) 71 roller that I picked up this summer for a few hundred dollars. This car was also B5 but once again, without a fender tag or build sheet I can't prove it. This one will be a future project but its not costin me any money to sit in the shop so if I don't get to it for 10 years that's fine.

View attachment image.jpg

Noticed there's a wide variety of people on here, all different ages.

What I'm interested in is to see the younger crowds A-bodies. I know you're out there.

This thread can bring a whole new variety of styles to a-bodies for this site.

Show what you got !

Say..Age 25 and under ?

Whether it be father and son, independent, daily driven, track driven, strip driven, beginning of a project, middle, or end !

We all have different styles so lets represent for the youngins here on FABO !

:burnout::happy1::blob::glasses7::

Hey man. I fallow you on Instagram. In to busy to post mine but look at my Instagram account and you will see it. I got it when I was 15 and I am now 24. Just search luke gillespie on your ig account.

Here's my 1972 Dart Swinger

Metallic blue with white interior
Mild and loud 360
Dumped 40s series Flowmasters
BBP swap
15x8 steel wheels with 215/65s up front and 255/60s in the rear.

I got this car as a painted body that needed just about everything and I love it.

Here's a video of the exhaust.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QNEw1bnt-M&list=UU02Z6oIaU0LS3H_7YxUUdSA"]BIG CAM 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• Fall Dart 12 small.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 391
  • Fall Dart 19 small.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 390
  • Fall Dart 3 small.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 392
ok...its obvious that its not gonna be a 2 month fix up and i know that it was just a figure of speech...i mean im 18 and on a highschool budget..its obvious it wont get done as fast as id like it to. im not trying to come off rude or anything because im not im on here to make friends and get help, but in 2 months it will be a new car because it will be different and thats good enough for me. progress. thank you for the compliment tho :) hope we can talk knowledge or storys on a better note next time :)

No worries man! Just givin ya my $.02. You will get lots of help here! Just realize the scope of you're goal, and don't get discouraged with progress.. I've owned my car for 7 years, hoping to have it semi completed by spring :blob::burnout:

Here's my 1972 Dart Swinger

Metallic blue with white interior
Mild and loud 360
Dumped 40s series Flowmasters
BBP swap
15x8 steel wheels with 215/65s up front and 255/60s in the rear.

I got this car as a painted body that needed just about everything and I love it.

Here's a video of the exhaust.

BIG CAM 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger Exhaust - YouTube

Dude, that's a sweet machine! Tell us about the front spoiler..

I absolutely cannot stand the beak cars, but I'll be damned if yours is not the sharpest one I have ever seen. Makes me rethink them.

Here's mine !

I'm 18; was 15 when I found her.

My 1975 Dodge Dart Sport.

Omaha Orange; Period Correct '75 Stripe.
Mildly built 360;727 with tci shift kit; 8.75 rear end with after market axles and strange long studs . 3.55 sure grip in back..

Torque Thrust D's Satin Black in front and back.
185/60/15's 15x4.5 in front
295/50/15's 15x8.5 in back.

View attachment 1714776801

View attachment 1714776802

View attachment 1714776800

View attachment 1714776803

I absolutely cannot stand the beak cars, but I'll be damned if yours is not the sharpest one I have ever seen. Makes me rethink them.

Just like any 'ole car, just needed some elbow grease, TLC, and a vision (and some moolah in the mix.)

Thanks though, it makes me feel accomplished when I hear things like that.

Here are my two, I'm 16. My daily driver build is a '74 Scamp (Had it since I was 15). Other one is a '69 GT Sport Dart thats been a drag car since the '70s (Had it since I was 14). Dart probably won't be done for a couple years since it's on the back burner.

Attachments

• 60.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 358
  • GTS6.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 339
Here are my two, I'm 16. My daily driver build is a '74 Scamp (Had it since I was 15). Other one is a '69 GT Sport Dart thats been a drag car since the '70s (Had it since I was 14). Dart probably won't be done for a couple years since it's on the back burner.

Scamp is soooo nice . Thanks man !

I got my first 64 valiant when I was 17 for $700. After swapping the slant for a 318 I wrecked it and found another 64 shell, which is my current project. I'm 24 now.

17 now, about to be 18. Picked up a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger a few weeks after my 17th birthday. Still working to get everything. Project is long and expensive, but worth it for sure

Im not a young gun any more lmao damn .

LOL...Hmmm 25 and Under? Does that mean I count as 2 young guns Dart Doctor? #-o

But seriously, it is really great to see the young guns enjoying our hobby. They are the future. My daughters are almost 14 now, been working on our Duster since they were 11. It's a blessing and joy to be able to spin wrenches with them.

Pat

There will always new young guns in the old car world. It's just tough for us young guys when everything is so expensive.

Drag racing is getting a huge young crowd. Even on the Saturday bracket races you see a handful of young guys driving for shops and others like me running their slow junk.

-
Back