fabricated aluminum valve covers

-

swisswill

Reaction score
I have yet to see a set of these for the 3G Hemi but would really like to have a pair. I've been talking with Precision Metalcraft on lat-g.net and they are willing to build some for us 3G guys so I want to gauge interest to see if this can be somewhat economical.

If we can get 5 guys to commit, we'd be looking at $600-$700, but if we can get 10, we will be around $500. They will pass the savings down to us the more they get. That is expensive for a set of valve covers but the Hemi covers are a bit more involved to build than some others. We can probably also see a CAD model of the valve cover prior to production. If you've ever seen the stuff that Precision Metalcraft puts out, you know they have an incredible product. You can visit their website here. Below are some pics of LSx valve covers they have done as well as the 3G Hemi intake manifold they build.

I would like to get a set of these valve covers for my 5.7 so if they are others of you interested, post up and let me know. This isn't a group buy but I'd like to see if we can get 10 of us 3G guys together and have Precision Metalcraft get some valve covers going for us. At this point there are two of us interested in doing this but I'd like to get 10 for it to be as economical as possible. You know the ballpark price, so if interested, let me know.

MODS, if this thread is in some way breaking some forum rules or should be moved, do what you have to do.

Will

attachment.php4

attachment.php4

attachment.php4

I had no idea your manifold was used for the template. I've seen those Moroso covers along with all the billet options out there and I am just not into them. I can't describe a specific look that I'm looking for, but I don't care for what's available, nor do I care for the $800 - $1,000 price tags on them. I hadn't seen the Indy covers yet, but probably something along those lines.

I will say I'm surprised there isn't interest in something for the 3G hemi. I guess I'll need to look more into the Indy covers, but would like something to go along with the Precision Metalcraft intake when I order that. We'll see.

A set of fabbed covers would look awesome w/ one of Precision's intakes. I was going to have him build one, but decided to spend the $$$ elsewhere on my car.

I'll probably go with the Indy's VC's then polished/powdercoated to match the factory intake (polished/powder's also).

Another option is Sullivan Perf's.. http://www.sullivanperformance.com/Mopar/hemi_home.html

Here is the latest from Precision Metalcraft on building some Hemi valve covers. I am forever away from my engine to get this info, so if any of you have it, feel free to post here and I'll put it up on lat-g or you can head there yourselves and do it, here is the thread.

Hi Guys, Sorry it's taken so long to get back with you.

I've been scratching my head on the HEMI valve covers and I may have a different way of building them that MAY get the price down. I have a couple of questions.
1)Can anybody get me rough physical dimensions Length, width, Height?
2)Are both sides the same?
3)Are the 5.7 and 6.1 valve covers interchangeable?
4)Can the oil fill be located in the valve cover instead of the manifold? This one is not that important it would just make the manifold easier.

Thanks, Jeff

Tell them to definately put the oil fill on the valve covers. Yes they are the same on both sides and the 5.7 covers and the 6.1 covers are interchangable. If they want I can send them a set of valve covers.

thanks for the link with these valve covers,,,im considering a 5.7 for my street rod,,and i have seen these on a rod color coded,wondering where he got them,,here is a pic of them on a 5.7 with an arrington distributor conversion

mopars@carlisle 2010 014.jpg

mopars@carlisle 2010 013.jpg

-
Back