Facebook Group For Ronnie Sox & The Ronnie Sox Foundation

-

YEAitsgotaslant6

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm
not sure how many of you guys have a Facebook page, but I put together a little something for Ronnie Sox and The Ronnie Sox Foundation to fight cancer that Diane Sox and Buddy Martin put together in 2006. I wrote to Diane to make sure she was okay with it, (if she isn't I'll gladly take it down.) But it's simply a place where people can share memories, pictures and generally spread the word about the RS Foundation.

As many of you know
, the Ronnie Sox Foundation was founded in August 2006, by Diane Sox and Buddy Martin in remembrance of Ronnie Sox who passed away from prostate cancer at the early age of 67. The goal of the Foundation is not only to support the children at St. Jude in Ronnie's memory, but to also teach awareness and early detection for this type of cancer. If caught in time, prostate cancer is the most curable cancer there is today.

Herb McCandless spoke at the Chryslers at Carlisle show last summer about his friend and his illness. He made a point at saying Ronnie could have lived a much longer life had he simply had a test done each year. I'm a younger guy, but this is an illness that can effect any man of any age. GET CHECKED!

The best part of the Foundation though is that it focuses on the research for the children of St. Jude's. St. Jude's Research Hospital offers underprivileged children a fighting chance everyday. As of the latest stats that I could find:
From 2000 to 2005, 83.7% of every dollar received by St. Jude went to the current or future needs of St. Jude. In 2002 to 2004, 47% of program expenses went to patient care and 41% to research.

83% is huge. I have always been a big supporter of St.Jude's and I hope you will as well. It is great that Mrs. Sox has decided to honor her husband and our hero in such a way.

Please stop by and like the page and as the summer show circuit begins, let's help spread the word for a great cause.

Here's the page address:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ronnie-Sox/213160862037722?sk=wall

Here's is the Foundation's Page:
http://www.ronniesox.com/charity.html

FABO is the best Mopar community I've come across and I'm proud to be a member here. I know I can count on you guys to spread the word on this great cause. Here's to clear skies, long straight roads, and big horsepower. (and minimal police presence!)

Sincerely,
Chris C
Yeaitsgotaslant6

Attachments

• RonnieSoxFoundation-logo-lowres.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 117
Thanks for all the support guys. I got a phone call from Mrs. Diane Sox herself a short while ago and she has given her blessing for the page. I hope this page gets all the views it should to help spread the word about the Foundation and to honor the amazing work of Mr. 4-Speed himself. Thanks Again!!!

-
Back