Facebook Scammer alert

-

gliderider06

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
20230913_113636.jpg

20230913_113705.jpg

I purchased a steering wheel from this guy on Facebook for $200.00 shipped. After a week I message him asking where it is. He said the shipper sent me an email. I find it in my spam folder and they (International Shipping Courier) say they require a $200.00 shipping insurance deposit that will be refunded once delivered, but they want it F&F. I sent payment not using f&f. The next day they sent another message saying that they need an additional $300.00 to deliver due to a "Covid-19 clean fee"
Now every message is poor broken English with both the seller and shipper AND the seller seems to know all about my messages to the shipper which haven't been polite. I told the seller I want my money back or for him to cover the fees since they are allegedly refunded when delivered, which he refuses to pay as well.
I'm in the process, with PayPal to recover my money. Do these asshats really expect a person to pay $500 in delivery fees for a $200 steering wheel?! I have filed a complaint on them with the BBB and about to as well with the FTC.
Live and learning suppose. Im just going to buy a repo one and be done with it.
Just wanted to warn everyone if you were planning on getting anything from them ever.

The international shipping courier is fake. Basically this scam is a variation of the classic Craigslist escrow scam. Ben (Pleasant Green) on Youtube describes the process in this video:

In your case, oldschoolspareparts.com has multiple phone numbers depending on what site you're looking at, but their reviews are all fake and their address is some dude's house. Also their pictures are mostly from So Cal Customs's instagram page - SO CAL CUSTOMS (@socalcustomshop) • Instagram photos and videos

Sorry to hear about your experience. No offense, but it's glaringly obvious to me that these guys are fake.

-
Back