factory a/c car heater core replacement, where to purchase new core

-

hot rust

Reaction score
hello everyone still trudging along on the 71 demon, have the hvac system torn down for repairs and resto, having a problem finding a replacement heater core for a factory a/c equipped car, found the evaporator but every place i have searched only has a core for one without air any help on this......thanks michael

Don t know what year but in parts book 1970-71 showing same part number for ac or no ac 2933000

Where did you buy your evaporator core from? Only place I have seen that has them is Original Air and saw a post where that one doesn't fit correctly?

This is the one I ordered for my '69 w/AC which should be same as a '71:

PXL_20240130_172830607.jpg

PXL_20240130_172850528.jpg

A lot of folks have trouble with the fit of the repop heater cores. Search on the site here, there are a bunch of threads.

The question is who to believe, Chrysler part catalogs or Rockauto's site. In the factory Chrysler catalogs, it states 1970 thru 1972 heater core is the same with or without AC.
Usually Rockauto's listings are correct but they do have some mistakes especially on cars 50 and 60 years old.

Send it to Bob at GlenRay Radiator to recore. Then you know it will fit perfectly and will last another 50 years. Neither can be said about todays aftermarket cores.

Last edited:
Send it to Bob at GlenRay Radiator to recore. Then you know it will fit perfectly and will last another 50 years. Neither can be said about todays aftermarket cores.
Thanks for this I have a 73 w/ factory ac and need a new heater core I might hit this guy up

-
Back