Factory A/C on your '64-"66 Convertible?

-
Just this past spring I pulled a valiant 200 out of a swamp, it has factory air. The evaporator box was still in the car but no compressor or hoses. The heater and a/c control was still in the dash. Nor sure if I will put that unit back in or go with just heater, if I can find one.

587383D6-DCE2-44D7-BC87-FBE6B63C6E68.jpeg

Proof that they do exist!!

E1 with a V35. That's a rarity in itself. First early A 'vert I've seen with an AC code.

Where I live, my all black dart gets a bit warm on those mid day summer drives. (E5 with an L45)

My 63 Valiant wagon has factory AC which is the same as dealer installed AC just done at the factory, under dash unit.

I'm adding factory Ac to my 66 Signet convertible. Planing to update the AC wiring with some relays. Its a slow work in progress.

Just this past spring I pulled a valiant 200 out of a swamp, it has factory air. The evaporator box was still in the car but no compressor or hoses. The heater and a/c control was still in the dash. Nor sure if I will put that unit back in or go with just heater, if I can find one
Keep the factory AC box since the firewall varies from non-AC cars (at least did most years). It will also match the dash controls and will work for just-heat if all you want for now. If you later rehab the AC, say with a new Sanden compressor, you will be far ahead with the AC climate box, which will work fine if you use the underhood expansion valve. You could even re-use the factory AC condenser.

-
Back