-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fanofpetty

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for peices for the very hard to find factory cassette recorder. I am interested in the plastic housing parts, and the plastic pedestal ( any color) and brackets. I don't need the head unit itself. I have other parts to trade, if you have what I need to complete this one. PM me.

A complete floor mount one just sold on ebay for $150.

That's by far the cheapest one I've seen in YEARS!

I'm mainly looking for the offset pedstal bracket and plastic cover for a floor mount 4 speed A body (The one shown on the right). I already have a console mount set-up,( not shown) and the other style floor mount,( the one shown on the left) that is not off-set, that I belive was used in C bodys. I would trade some of these pecies to get the one I need like the one pictured on the right. I also have an extra head unit, cord, and NOS microphone too trade.

Attachments

• imagesCAUSZMKG.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 508
This is the setup I'm looking to complete. I was told by some members about 'Harms" and how he supposedly reproduces these plastic pecies, but when I called there, the gentleman said he did not have any at this time, that he wanted to sell, but may make some, and to call back in a couple weeks. He was more interested in talkin about my duster. I never even bothered calling back, as I hate dealing with these type of guys who say they have one but can't sell it...they may be reproducing some in the future, but not really sure, bla bla bla. Either your in business and have parts to sell or you don't. He was a nice guy and all, but not really anxious to help me. Not the type of outfit I want to deal with. I just got a bad vibe from this guy.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 483
this is the setup I'm looking to complete. I was told by some members about 'Harms" and how he supposedly reproduces these plastic pecies, but when I called there, the gentleman said he did not have any at this time, and to call back in a couple weeks. He was more interested in talkin about my duster. I never even bothered calling back, as I hate dealing with these type of guys who say they have it but can't sell one...they may be reproducing some in the future, but not really sure. Either your in business and have parts to sell or you don't. I just got a bad vibe from this guy.

If you're talking about Scott, I wouldn't shy away from him he is a good guy to work with. Maybe he had a line on a repro or a reconditioned one and had to get it.

I have two of these with the floor mounts on ebay...perhaps we could do some switching around with mounts.

2012-10-04_10-54-23_980.jpg

I have two of these with the floor mounts on ebay...perhaps we could do some switching around with mounts.

2012-10-04_10-54-23_980.jpg
Yes, your the kind of person I was hopeing to find, and if you need one of the other style mounts maybe we can swap? What are you needing ?

Thanks for all the replys and I belive "3404speed" has what I need, and we can help each other out. Thanks FABO !!

These were only offered from 1971 to I belive 1974, but are most often seen in 71 vehicles. It was an expensive option in the day, which is likely why they are so rare. You could get them in most any chrysler car, although I mostly see them in E & B bodys. They were available in A bodys but in a non-console cars only, as far as I know, as there is no known mount for the narrow A body console. There are 3 different style mounts. 2 different floor mounts, and a console mount for E bodys, and 71 to 74 B bodys. The units also came in different colors according to your color interior. I personaly have seen Black, blue, tan, Green. I belive there was a red one as well. They are connected to the radio, with a special connector cord, so the radio in the car also must have the connector to match. I'm sure other folks will jump in here and add more information, but this is it in a nut shell.

Also what does the console mount look like? Also what years would these have come in A bodies?
The console mount has a slightly different bottom housing with a lip that hides a very short bottom bracket. It does not have a pedstal like the one pictured, and it mounts to the top of the console with a renforcement plate under the console. I have this set-up also.

Attachments

• Picture015.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 447
The console mount has a slightly different bottom housing with a lip that hides a very short bottom bracket. It does not have a pedstal like the one pictured, and it mounts to the top of the console with a renforcement plate under the console. I have this set-up also.
Whaen you get a chance could you take a couple pics of the console mounted one so I can hunt around for one?
Thanks

ya, they are very cool. but for the most part no one has reproductions available. I have seen guys take just the plastic housings and mount modern cd players, etc. in them.

Attachments

• $T2eC16FHJFoE9nh6n!6FBQRRsyTwuw~~60_57.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 437
no, A bodies were non-console units only, which is what I'm putting togeather for my duster.

I wonder how hard it would be to try and make the flater style pedastal work on an abody console.
Please keep posted on getting that installed really interested in how it turns out

I have another head unit and some plastic peices that I may sell in the future, so I'll keep you in mind if you like. I work for a plastics company, so if I get time in the future, I may start re-producing some of these plastic peices myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back