Factory Fronts, Wilwood Rear

-

73smallblock

Reaction score
73 duster. Going to be a 1/4mile car only
So how would you set this up? Plan on running the front factory disk setup with the dynalite rear setup. They are 4 piston calipers. I ordered the Dr. DIff master cylinder with a 15/16 bore because reading some threads thats what ppl suggest but dont know what to do with the proportioning valve. Just the factory one, an adjustable one, both?

I dont want to lock the rears up at top end so looking for some input. And before you ask why, the car had a 7 1/4 in it and i had no brakes to put on the dana i put in the car. Also from looking at used parts it was about the same price to just get the wilwoods.

Thanks in advance.

I would ask Wildwood or Dr. Diff. but my guess would be you need a adjustable prop valve. I am not sure how much effort it is gonna take for those rear brakes to lock up.

I run Wilwood's all around with a 7/8 master and no prop valve. It doesn't lock the rears

brake bias is something you'll probably have to experiment with - the prop valve is a nice tool but, as stated, may not be needed - I like the idea of asking Dr.Diff or Wilwood

brake bias is something you'll probably have to experiment with - the prop valve is a nice tool but, as stated, may not be needed - I like the idea of asking Dr.Diff or Wilwood
I have the same set up and do not use a prop valve. I did buy one but never needed it.

I ran the same set up with a factory 7/8" mc and disk/drum proportioning valve and it worked great. Currently have Strange/Wilwood with no prop valve and a 15/16" mc and it's decent. If I ever need a mc it'll be 7/8".

remember if your using slicks and a sizeable tire in the rear the extra brake pressure is probably ideal for the rear, if it stock size tires on all 4 then youll prolly lock the rears up on a harsh stop.

remember if your using slicks and a sizeable tire in the rear the extra brake pressure is probably ideal for the rear, if it stock size tires on all 4 then youll prolly lock the rears up on a harsh stop.
taller rear tires wont make the the rear lock up sooner, more likely later. (leaverage) non power disc all the way around wont need any proportioning valve. mine don`t !

I run factory disc up front, Wilwood in the rear, with an adjustable proportional valve. No other proportional valve. Been using this set for the track.

taller rear tires wont make the the rear lock up sooner, more likely later. (leaverage) non power disc all the way around wont need any proportioning valve. mine don`t !
willwood front, chevy rear.

------------------------taller rear tires wont make the the rear lock up sooner, more likely later. (leaverage) non power disc all the way around wont need any proportioning valve. mine don`t !
willwoods front, chevy rear on a dana 60, 295 65 15 rear, 205 70 15 front.

Thanks for all the replies. I did actually talk to Dr.Diff and he suggested running the front right off the master and a adjustable prop valve on the rear. He said that if my front tires are real skinny that i may have a problem with them locking up. Not sure what size front I'm going to run but pro brackets (28x10.50x15) on the rear.

I guess I will just plumb in the adjustable prop valve and leave it wide open and turn it down if needed.

Thanks for all the replies. I did actually talk to Dr.Diff and he suggested running the front right off the master and a adjustable prop valve on the rear. He said that if my front tires are real skinny that i may have a problem with them locking up. Not sure what size front I'm going to run but pro brackets (28x10.50x15) on the rear.

I guess I will just plumb in the adjustable prop valve and leave it wide open and turn it down if needed.
I put one on a really hot 406sbc in a GMC p/u, and didn`t use it w/ drum brakes in the rear.

When I first went disk/disk I installed one in the rear, never needed it.

I run that set up with the skinny tires, Do not have any problems. My front brake line goes to the line brake then "T"s off..

-
Back