factory high stall?

-

lil red

Reaction score
took the motor and transmission (727 /360) out of my lil red express - and rebuilt the transmission first before tackling the motor.

when I put the torque converter back in I noticed a pink sticker about the size of a nickel that read " HIGH STALL"

from what I can remember the LRT's came factory with a modified 727 and an earlier model factory high stall

anyboby here at FABO come across this before and any idea what the stall would be - i'm figurin about 2200-2300 but dont know for sure

thanks guys

took the motor and transmission (727 /360) out of my lil red express - and rebuilt the transmission first before tackling the motor.

when I put the torque converter back in I noticed a pink sticker about the size of a nickel that read " HIGH STALL"

from what I can remember the LRT's came factory with a modified 727 and an earlier model factory high stall

anyboby here at FABO come across this before and any idea what the stall would be - i'm figurin about 2200-2300 but dont know for sure

thanks guys

Yup I sure did had the same sticker I was told about 2200 or so.That converter was behind a 318 with the 727 tranny.i used that converter behind my 360 and 727 with the B&m flexplate,workssss good.be interesting to see what outhers have to say.

your not hijacking - its all good, very good info to know - i was curious if it was enough stall for a cam pretty close to your size

thanks

your not hijacking - its all good, very good info to know - i was curious if it was enough stall for a cam pretty close to your size

thanks

Like said my idles good thanks for understanding,when I saw that sticker I knew it must be good.

I bought a motor home converter for my 451/727 that I had in my Belvedere,It would stahl at about 2500-2800 with the 288/474 purple shaft. At 60.00 it was great. It was called a wide ring gear converter.
Jeff

Mopars generally had higher stalls than their X brand counterparts......for whatever reason, even with their "stock" converters. The stock Mopar converters typically stall around 1500-1700 RPM and the hi stalls were said to be around 1000 RPM more.

-
Back