factory specs and what was ordered and not

-

joseph schrom

Reaction score
the 440 4speed cars never was ordered with air conditioner the reason why they never came on any of them it was two much for the engine to handle it would just overheat it did not matter if it was 2bbl motor or a 6bbl it was never their and the engine has a HP on the block and your HP stood for high performance when you ordered the setup on the cars if you got a 2bbl they would have a pie pan air cleaner or if you got the 6bbl you get the big six pack air cleaner and the pistol grip shifter was like a wood grain you could get it in a 4spd car or a 3spd car it wood be the challengers or roadrunners and barracuda like the 904 transmission its a transmission all by its self it came on a lot slant six dusters darts demon it would be on the column or it would be a console shift

Last edited by a moderator:
the 440 4speed cars never was ordered with air conditioner the reason why they never came on any of them it was two much for the engine to handle it would just overheat it did not matter if it was 2bbl motor or a 6bbl it was never their and the engine has a HP on the block and your HP stood for high performance when you ordered the setup on the cars if you got a 2bbl they would have a pie pan air cleaner or if you got the 6bbl you get the big six pack air cleaner and the pistol grip shifter was like a wood grain you could get it in a 4spd car or a 3spd car it wood be the challengers or roadrunners and barracuda like the 904 transmission its a transmission all by its self it came on a lot slant six dusters darts demon it would be on the column or it would be a console shift
sounds like ur mixed up to me !

Yeah and the car had four brakes on it and bolted to the four brakes were four wheels which were painted four different colours where one was red one was green one was blue and one was black and at the back the car under the bumper there was an exhaust pipe which had the hot exhaust coming out once the engine was running but that would only happen when there was gas in the gas tank.

Joseph...if you use voice to text you. Have to say "period , comma , ampersand etc..."

But 440 auto cars with the EXACT same engine didn't overheat?

Auto cars had HP on the block too...

I'd bet it had a lot less to do with overheating and more to do with tossing belts from missing shifts!

Never seen a 2 bbl 440.
I've had 440-6pk cars tho.

What did they put a 2 bbl 440 in?

I believe on some cars, if the rear ratio was too low, you couldnt get AC. Too many sustained high rpms was detrimental to the compressor?

-
Back