Factory Steering column length?

-

wes beem

Reaction score
Im going to be putting an aftermarket tilt steering collumn from jegs into my 1070 dart with manual steering. Not sure what length universal collumn and outlet diameter i need to match the factory one?

I know someones gonna say "just measure it" but im unable to do so as the car is out of town at the moment.

I did a Flaming River. Expensive but well worth it. I think they make a drop in for your 70 that uses the factory clamp. They didn't for my 69 but the B-Body one was a drop in with a trimming of the D-Shaft. They include the U-joint, wiring adapters, and the column have about 1.5" of slide like the factory one. Down side is the factory steering wheel doesn't fit well in that the column is bigger in diameter. If your going aftermarket steering wheel than that's not an issue.

A-body shaft for Power Steering is 36.375 and Manual is 40.375. I had both at one time as I was converting Manual to Power. This is end to end of the shaft only, no splined steering coupler, and no broken pins on either to allow them to telescope. My searches here yielded the same dimensions.

For reference, the B-Body shaft for Power Steering is 41.50 and Manual is 44.50.

-
Back