Factory Tach Install?

-
I have a factory tach that didn't work well (response was way too slow) and picked up a reporduction one.

My car is a 68 Barracuda.

You have to remove the dash cluster to mount it. The ground is picked up by one of the mounting screws into the cluster housing. Then a wire needs to be attached to switched 12 volts and the other goes out through the firewall to the negative side of the coil (or to the tach output on an MSD). Lighting comes from the bulbs already in the dash.

Tach in a Rally dash? I put one in. Very easy and well worth it. It is right there in front of you where you can see it.

Maybe its just me but I don't like the look of aftermarket guages in my car. I know they are more dependable. What I think I might do is get a set of after market gauges and put a hinge on them so I can flip them out of the dash or hide them in the center console. Did I mention I hate electrical work.I pretty sure I should be able to t off of everything and run dual guages right??

Mabby put them in the ash tray. Flip it open to see them then flip it closed and they are out of sight.

-
Back