Factory tach question

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
My factory tach on my 68 barracuda was not working, so I installed a new tach kit from Realtime Engineering, after installing the new tach board I tested the tach on my car, 12v to tach, - Neg on coil to tach and grounded the tach case ... started car up and the needle does not move..
When I push the tach needle up with my finger it stays stationary, not sure if that's normal or isn't supposed to spring back down to Read 0.. also I'm running mopar electronic ignition.
Thanks for any advice

That sucks. I'm not much help, I think the 2nd connection is a blue wire from bh connector? Grey to coil -ve. For 1 wire.
MrHeaterbox does tachs too, not cheap.

Last edited:
That sucks. I'm not much help, I think the 2nd connection is a blue wire from bh connector? Grey to coil -ve.
MrHeaterbox does tachs too, not cheap.
Hi Steve,
I just hooked the tach up temporarily under the hood, with wires hooked up directly 12v, negative on coil and ground.
The tach is more then likely toast
Damit.
Thanks

"Could" be something small on the install of RTE board? Is the case usually grounded when in dash?
Hi Steve,
I just hooked the tach up temporarily under the hood, with wires hooked up directly 12v, negative on coil and ground.
The tach is more then likely toast
Damit.
Thanks

"Could" be something small on the install of RTE board? Is the case usually grounded when in dash?
Hi Steve..
I noticed that the needle was not returning to "0" after i moved it up with my finger so I slightly loosened the jewel screw to let the needle come back to "0" on its own.
The tach is no working..
Thanks

Last edited:
-
Back