Factory Tachometer Size

-

Fishercuda

Reaction score
I was recently considering installing a tach in my '65 barracuda with the hopes of finding an old factory tach from a Formula S model.

After some searching, I found that they are almost impossible to come by and the ones I did find were being sold in the $400+ range. I did however find a decal kit to use in conjunction with a standard tachometer for around $10.

I figured I could buy the kit and any tach and just make a mock Formula S tachometer. What I can't seem to find though are the dimensions for the Formula S model. Would someone happen to have those and if so, be willing to share them?

Thanks!

The 65 tach had a unique bezel that matches the gauge and radio bezel.

I know that. I'm less worried about the bezel and more so about finding the right size tach.

I appreciate the input though.

I was recently considering installing a tach in my '65 barracuda with the hopes of finding an old factory tach from a Formula S model.

After some searching, I found that they are almost impossible to come by and the ones I did find were being sold in the $400+ range. I did however find a decal kit to use in conjunction with a standard tachometer for around $10.

I figured I could buy the kit and any tach and just make a mock Formula S tachometer. What I can't seem to find though are the dimensions for the Formula S model. Would someone happen to have those and if so, be willing to share them?

Thanks!

The actual round tach face is approx 3 5/8" and the whole assembly with the bezel is close to 5" square.

I know that. I'm less worried about the bezel and more so about finding the right size tach.

I appreciate the input though.

Then why not use any tach if you are not worried about the bezel? Does your dash have a hole from a factory one? I heard that a Sun tach is a close match in size.

Then why not use any tach if you are not worried about the bezel? Does your dash have a hole from a factory one? I heard that a Sun tach is a close match in size.

I want to try to keep the interior as close to original as possible. Ideally, I'd love to find a Formula S tach. The alternative was using a tach of the same size and put a Formula S tach face decal on it to make it look like an original.

The dash currently in the car isn't drilled out, but I have another that is.

-
Back