Factory window tint

-

b5cuda

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering what the percent tint is on original factory glass (1973), and whether it's worth adding aftermarket tint? I'm not looking for the dark cosmetic appearance, just a little help in keeping the interior cool. This car will be a driver and we get some sun in Kansas. Thanks!

If you’re not wanting the dark look, there are offerings for clear, and nearly clear, films that provide UV protection.

Right, thanks. I did 70-80% ceramic tint on my '69 cuda and was happy with it. Looks only slightly darker than factory tint and keeps the car cooler. Those windows were untinted from factory, now I'm doing another car that has factory tinted glass and I'm trying to figure out whether that will be good enough?

I don't like dark tint on a classic car so I used a clear UV tint on my '69 Dart.

I found that after I installed A/C, driving with the clear factory non tint windows up, the sun's rays were really beating down on my skin. I noticed a big difference in the sun's intensity inside the car after the clear tint installation.

The tint shop I used has been around for over 30 years and very experienced. They were the only shop in my area able to do the rear window in one piece. They did such a great job that when I went to pick the car up, I thought they hadn't installed the tint yet.

The tint I used is called Solargard UP80.

Sounds good, thanks! Do you have any experience with factory tinted windows? Trying to decide whether they're good enough, or if adding additional film is justified.

-
Back