Fair Price to Repair Wheel Bearing

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
No, it ain't a Mopar.....it's my wife's 2001 Buick Century and a front wheel bearing is growling to beat the band........

I do NOT want to get ripped off again..........HOW MUCH SHOULD I EXPECT to pay for this repair? I can buy the bearing (and hub) for between $48. and $78. bucks new........What's a reasonable repair bill gonna look like ???????

Gotta get this fixed FAAAAAAAAAAAST. Thanks to anyone with info......:read2:

we add 95.00 to cost of bearing to install . so don,t go too much more than that but we use napa or bca . als

No, it ain't a Mopar.....it's my wife's 2001 Buick Century and a front wheel bearing is growling to beat the band........

I do NOT want to get ripped off again..........HOW MUCH SHOULD I EXPECT to pay for this repair? I can buy the bearing (and hub) for between $48. and $78. bucks new........What's a reasonable repair bill gonna look like ???????

Gotta get this fixed FAAAAAAAAAAAST. Thanks to anyone with info......:read2:
what bearing are u getting what brand do u know what bearing u have 2 bearings for that car

What do you mean, inner and outer?.........or what?

It's on the drivers side for sure, that's all I know....... Sounds like a small airplane in there......gettin' louder......not cv.......sounds like a wheel bearing dry as a bone........:read2:

What do you mean, inner and outer?.........or what?

It's on the drivers side for sure, that's all I know....... Sounds like a small airplane in there......gettin' louder......not cv.......sounds like a wheel bearing dry as a bone........:read2:
there is no inner or outer its a hub sealed unit the bearings run from 89.89 to 131.99 do u have a plastic clip or metal sensor clip are u going to buy the part and take it to the shop just asking

I have NO idea what in the name of wheel bearings you're talking about......

All I know is that it's a 2001 Buick Century, and that I don't work on them......

So, from the feel of the responses, if these guys say $225. and up, they're probably paddin' the bill pretty good? Yes?

I have NO idea what in the name of wheel bearings you're talking about......

All I know is that it's a 2001 Buick Century, and that I don't work on them......

So, from the feel of the responses, if these guys say $225. and up, they're probably paddin' the bill pretty good? Yes?
get a couple diffrent quots

Shouldn't cost more than an hour's labor and the price of the part. All of them I ever changed ran in the $150-$175 range, total, and our shop rate was $60 per hour.

do you do your own work? this is a bolt on wheel / hub brearing. if it has abs there a sensor wire and plug. the axle nut might be 34 mm/ and the 4 bolt hold it to the spindal. need big hammer or air chisel. not to hard. als the 225 is not bad for good bearing with warr.

-
Back