Fair price???

-

Scott's dart

Reaction score
There is a guy selling two a833 transmissions, both for a bodies, one for $700 or both for $1250 (I'm from Canada so that would be like $530 and $950 US) I'm just wondering if that's a decent deal or is there cheaper options? And if this is a good price, would it be worth it to buy both? I already have an overdrive I bought when I didn't really know what I wanted or before I joined this forum (smart, right...) and after reading a couple threads I got talked out of that pretty quick. The overdrive did come with a nice shifter and pistol grip so I didn't totally screw myself. The pictures are one of the transmissions he's got.
ad_0_1498480214026.jpg
ad_1_1498480214030.jpg

So you are right in the ball park a couple years later.

Yep, that's about right, my oldest son just bought a cast iron non O/D A 833 in December in Canada and paid $500.00 he thought he got a pretty fair deal, I see the picture doesn't have the shifter or rods etc, those are expensive parts, some you could rob from your a833od, hopefully the other one he is selling has them?, also make sure you pull the covers off them first, it could be hamburger in there and it wont be a fair deal any more, my son also did this, it took him 5 min to take off and he knew what he was getting., good luck!

Alright, thanks for the quick replies! Now hopefully this guy will message me back so I can pick them up!

Does it comes with the bellhousings and shift rods? If it did, that would sweeten the deal up too. Flywheels? I agree with pulling the covers to see what if anything is hiding from plain sight

Does it comes with the bellhousings and shift rods? If it did, that would sweeten the deal up too. Flywheels? I agree with pulling the covers to see what if anything is hiding from plain sight

Well he hasn't messaged me back yet but it looks like it'll be just the transmissions. I've got a 400 I'm putting in my dart anyway so it's not likely he'd have the right Bell housing for me but the shift rods would be really nice to have. I guess if not my brewer's bill will just be a little higher! Haha

-
Back