Fake support scammers get network wiped

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
This kid suckers a scammer and lets the scammer open a file named something about banking that remotely trashes their network.
This is sooo common that people fall for these calls and pages that come up saying their computer is infected and then get scammed out of hundreds of dollars.
Don't ever fall for this if you get a call or page that says to call someone.

An elderly relative fell for this scam twice in about a years time, and I think they hit him up for about $400 each time. Once he was able to cancel the credit charge after he informed us what had happened, the second time I think he ate the charges. Pretty sure he gave these guys everything, passwords, etc., to remotely control his computer. And...he almost did it a third time again just a few months ago, but he thought about calling me first to see if it sounded flakey, and I was able to stop him. The criminals really prey on the elderly, and I hope by the time I am his age, there will be more protections against this.

An elderly relative fell for this scam twice in about a years time, and I think they hit him up for about $400 each time. Once he was able to cancel the credit charge after he informed us what had happened, the second time I think he ate the charges. Pretty sure he gave these guys everything, passwords, etc., to remotely control his computer. And...he almost did it a third time again just a few months ago, but he thought about calling me first to see if it sounded flakey, and I was able to stop him. The criminals really prey on the elderly, and I hope by the time I am his age, there will be more protections against this.
Hopefully you will have a better memory than him. I see it all the time as I get older. Scares the crap out of me. Alzheimer runs in my family.

-
Back