Fall Englightown Swap?

-

Demonic

Reaction score
I didn't thing anything was happening at the track and it was sold? Anyone know anything about this? Sept 22-24?

1691824438617.png

My buddy went last year I believe. I did not know anything about it till he mentioned it briefly on the phone the other day. I’m going to see him tonight and will try to get more info.
Syleng1

The track is used to store cars, the parking lot is where some vendors are located and the entrance is where the main vendors are located. It's the area you enter the track and before the stands and on the other side of the stands. It seems to be a yearly thing, I believe they held it in the spring also.

I’ve been there several times.
Track is for car show. Parking lots are for vendors/parts for all cars.
Nice day out.

IMG_2948.jpeg

A friend of mine & I had spots for over 12 years at the Spring swap meet. It has since gone downhill, (last time we went was about 4 years ago) for selling parts anyway. Might still be OK for finding stuff, but not a lot of Mopar items. Shame. Used to be a real good time, now it seems more of a place to party at night.

I went to the Mopars at Englishtown show to help my friends who were big time vendors back around 1985. It was fun, but you talk about culture shock for an Appalachian American hillbilly kid!! :eek:

:rofl:

I went to the Mopars at Englishtown show to help my friends who were big time vendors back around 1985. It was fun, but you talk about culture shock for an Appalachian American hillbilly kid!! :eek:

:rofl:
Yeah, there was always a lot of people from the New York City area at that place, no matter what event they were having. I think the further Northeast you go, the faster the pace of life is, in most cases. :lol:

It's the only place near for NY, NJ, and CN. I don't like what they did, but with all the homes they built around there it was inevitable that drag racing would become a thing of the past. And I blame the IRS for destroying the Mopar show & swap meet at the first one, and none of the big vendors came back. I went to the Mopar meet after it was pretty much only local vendors and the guys like me trying to get rid of Mopar parts.

It's the only place near for NY, NJ, and CN. I don't like what they did, but with all the homes they built around there it was inevitable that drag racing would become a thing of the past. And I blame the IRS for destroying the Mopar show & swap meet at the first one, and none of the big vendors came back. I went to the Mopar meet after it was pretty much only local vendors and the guys like me trying to get rid of Mopar parts.

You have Lebanon Valley and they still have a Mopar only day!!!

Spent a lot of time at E-town with my dad , uncle and cousins racing there in the 70's.
My mom and aunt would hit the flea market in town.
It was a fun place, don't remember any car shows.

The first big Mopar meet was in 87 and also the last thanks to the IRS. It held on for a few years but only local vendors attended, not the big guys like Mancini and quite a few others. Jacks Auto was instrumental in getting it started and he continued to attend because he was local. Jack did a lot for the Mopar fans.

-
Back