"Fall From Grace" Rant

-

xlexl

Reaction score
I know I’m not the only one going through this kinda thing but I seriously need to vent. My life has been plummeting downhill for the last couple years in an uncontrollable spiral. The culmination of which ended with theft of my Hemi Sport at the worst possible time in my life. It's been years since I had to drive a beater, going from one new cushy vehicle to another leaving the mechanic work I had to do to projects and regular maintenance. Since the theft of the Ram however, I have had to relegate myself to "beaters" starting with bio hazard a $350 89 Acura Legend that if i could have afforded to not sell it I would have taken into the woods, torched and roasted marshmallows on its remains. Than moving onto my current, previously abused, '94 Grand Cherokee. Don't get me wrong I love the stupid Jeep but I am SO SICK of constantly having to diagnose, fix, and replace parts. I don't need to be married, that stupid Jeep has a "honey-do" list a note pad long. For every one thing I pull off of the list she throws 3 more things on. I have made good progress on her but for all intents and purposes I’m have to restore the effin thing to keep her on the road. I try not to complain too much (especially in front of her) considering that after buying her for 500 bucks she has never left me stranded. But I miss the days of only having to worry about whether it’s time to change the oil or not and whether I should service the tranny early because I had a trailer behind it. I know life will get better, eventually, but waiting on life to turn around is depressing.

Vent my friends, vent. I know I’m not the only one going through this kinda thing. This economy has knocked quite a few people out of the life they were accustomed to.

God bless you. I hope things turn around real soon. Try not to let it get you down.

Sometimes in life God puts us through hard times for a reason. Everything God does has purpose, and nothing is unplanned. God loves you and there's a reason for your hardship at this time. My life at one time was very hard and I couldn't catch a break. I never lost faith and loved God through all the hard times. Live for Gods will and you will be rewarded. I'm living proof of his goodness and love. I've learned that forgiveness is Key to a happy life. MMG

I drive a 94 Buick Century everyday. It is cheap, simple, and gets 29.7 MPG highway. I don't need one of these new cars with all the toys... Too complicated and too many things to break and go wrong. I believe in the KISS theory - Keep It Simple Stupid. I'm happy with the Buick. It has a heater, A/C, I put in a good stereo, power windows, power locks, and four tires. I wrecked one with 171 k on it and my "new" one had 90 k when I bought it and now just turned 110 k a year later. Just a basic car with a stereo is all I need.

However if you ever consider buying one, here are two things to be aware of.

1. The passenger rear window hangs up sometimes when you roll it up. (Like slightly off track)

2. The factory radios usually don't work anymore.

(both of my Centuries had these problems). But they are able to be lived with...

Thanks everyone, think the frustration finally got the best of me when I somehow found the money to do the plenum gasket on the 318magnum, got 2ce the power(yea it was that bad, amazed that the motor didn't blow actually) but somehow lost 3mpg! I mean seriously, the only thing I can chalk it up to is all the oil getting sucked into the system messed the new o2 sensor up, but this is getting old.

I drive a 94 Buick Century everyday. It is cheap, simple, and gets 29.7 MPG highway. I don't need one of these new cars with all the toys... Too complicated and too many things to break and go wrong. I believe in the KISS theory - Keep It Simple Stupid. I'm happy with the Buick. It has a heater, A/C, I put in a good stereo, power windows, power locks, and four tires. I wrecked one with 171 k on it and my "new" one had 90 k when I bought it and now just turned 110 k a year later. Just a basic car with a stereo is all I need.

However if you ever consider buying one, here are two things to be aware of.

1. The passenger rear window hangs up sometimes when you roll it up. (Like slightly off track)

2. The factory radios usually don't work anymore.

(both of my Centuries had these problems). But they are able to be lived with...

Thank you, but never been a big GM guy, besides iv'e got to much stinkin time and money wrapped up into this thing to send it down the road and start on something else. What I want was my 45000 mile truck back :( eventually ill be able to get another unmolested 03-05, but until than I think im stuck with this curssed Jeep. Tell ya what though i'm sure getting good with Jeep's and magnum motors lol

I am trying to sell my little 04 Ford Ranger. I know it's a Ford, but it's a real nice little truck. Just trying to cut our budget. It blue books at like 9500 and I would take way less. But we got some geography to work around. lol

As a wise philosipher once said; "This to shall pass". I know the feelings, I have a real tough time keeping up the 2 Ferds we own, putting money into the race car, and hearing, "When are we going to start on the 240Z my Uncle gave me". Yea, it was free; 20 hour round trip to get it and 600 bucks worth of diesel. Keep your head up, it will get better provided our politicians don't sell us to a third world country.

Bill S.

Life sure does suck at times......but seriously, is this your biggest problem? Try being out on a disability retirement with a wife in the same situation. Every trip to the doc is talk of surgeries. Every time the wife goes for a blood test sweating waiting for the results. Fearful that you will hear that the Lupus is getting worse. Living in a quarter built building that is pointless to finish because there is so much wrong with it. So have to start over with no way to finance it because of ungarnishable income and your past, of which got f..ked up due to someone stealing 25k from you because of a bad decision that was made on my part. And this is the condensed version......please, having to drive a beater.....really??

My daily driver is sitting on 170,000 miles. Beside it I have 2 trucks,1 with 200,000,the other with 255,000. Yeah,I have to work on them some,but to me,it's better than making a car payment. I've never had all 3 down at one time,but if all else fails,I still have my Sport,to fall back on.

It's good to vent. Sometimes we get so wound up inside with all the crap that s slung at us we just want to give up. I know it too. I was there, and I know it sounds stupid, but what they IS true. It made me stronger. I can't say I'm where I wanted to be at my point in life, but everytime I'm laying on the gravel fixing one of our vehicles in the rain, or rebuilding something that never lasts, or modifying something I do buy new so it actually works correctly, I sometimes have to sit back and count my blessings.

Of course this usually happens after I bash something in frustration.

A little Python always helps too..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ"]Always Look On The Bright Side of Life - YouTube[/ame]

Grant

I can relate. I've been sliding downhill for 4 years. Lost a business, filed bankruptcy, lost my 67 dart (had to sell), gave up on my 69 Dart restoration, sold my car hauler, started property adjusting (no storms now so no work), 15 days late on the mortgage, no wife so no 2nd income and vehicle problems. 01 Dodge Ram 1500 just up and quit. Replaced the crank sensor, cap and rotor, no luck and frankly too broke to just start replacing more parts. No way of diagnosing the problem. I have a 91 Buick Park Ave. that was my mom's that only has 90K on it and is perfect except it hasn't run in over a year. Can't figure that one out either. These parts are new.....Ing coil pack, Ing module, cam sensor, prom (memory), Collision sensor computer and fuel pump. The computer (rt. side under dash) tests good (I have two extras). The only other clue I can give you is on the way back from getting the car in Fl. the cruise control quit working in Kansas. Once here I found the coil pack was leaking and burned up.
Catching a break now days is hard so don't feel your alone. My last resort for transportation is what I'm driving now for a daily driver my 96 GMC 14' "Ryder" box truck. Sucks gas big time. Sadly the up side is I don't have a job so I don't go out very often.
All we can do is keep up the faith and keep trying.

Perhaps I should go join the OW protestors and wait for my handout.

I understand,been on a four year slide myself.Work, projects,things always hit you in the gut when least needed or expected.This place is a guilty pleasure,keeps me up.Hope it gets better for ya.

I can appreciate where your coming from with life hardships, but my father always told me when it came to cars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
third class driving is always better than first class walking.

chin up!
:coffee2:

i wish thats all the problems i had, my business has been way done for 3 yrs and my wife has a non treatable disease that is killing her.

Like I said in the initial post I realize i'm not the only one that life is shitting on, sometimes misery loves company :D lol. There are many people out there dealing with much more than I, granpa used to say "theres always someone tougher, and always someone worse off".

No its not the only thing im going through by a long shot, just the only one i'm willing to get into(yall's opinion of me would change quite a bit if you knew the rest :D). Also figured that it was a subject a bunch of classic lovers would understand from some point or another(we tend to be the type to not just take things into a shop)

I appreciate all the kind words from yall, its a lot easier to vent to a bunch of people that arent personally vested in my life. Sometimes those closest need to know the least, but theres only so long you cant pent things up before you explode, and I feel much better now.

....and dude, you haven't fallen from grace. You have all of us wonderful friends. Sounds like you are pretty blessed to me. :)

Remember that god only does these things for people he really loves! Sometimes I think I would like a little less love, but know that is not true. His ways are not our ways and his thoughts are not our thoughts. Keep the faith brother

It is always good to talk about your problems,not only for your benefit but your friends as well.Sometimes we don't appreciate the small things in our lives until they are gone.But the lessons learned in the hard times are the ones that we really need to remember.Keep the faith!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSoiURfbP9s"]Rush- Far Cry w/ Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Check out the chorus especially. I know what you guys mean about life just lately.. and this song sums it up better than I could.
Plus, it rocks.

Enjoy.

Alan

Sorry to hear about your situation brother, but keep on keeping on. You have an awesome dobie, you served our country with pride and have been a good friend to a lot of us over the years. You have more going for than you might think. BTW, my last little foray in my Heep cost me a few front end parts, lol. It's waggin a bit with overuse, just like a woman, lol. No biggie, just a couple hours in the garage and another 100 bucks and it'll be good as new. :) No crazy insurance payments, no car payments, it's just mine.

Hold Your Head Up!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBnSWJHawQQ"]Hold Your Head Up-Argent-1972-(Long Version) - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back