Fan Shroud Difference

-

Jofis

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the difference between the 1967 and 1968-69 fan shroud on a small block barracuda is? I see you can buy the 68-69 every where but not the 67. Is it able to be modified? Does anyone have one??

I've been curious if this to. I have a 383 '67 & always see the shrouds listed as 68-69.

I can't see why it wouldn't. The radiators didn't change size.

So technically I could use the 68-69, I could get a bigger fan if needed. Im assuming it will bolt to the same radiator mounts.

Yes. I ended up picking up a 67 shroud for my champion radiator because it was the first one I found at a decent price. I didn't realize it was so special, or else I would've though differently about cutting it up and modifying it. I had no idea the circular hole was smaller, until I went to install it. Ooops. lol

Yes. I ended up picking up a 67 shroud for my champion radiator because it was the first one I found at a decent price. I didn't realize it was so special, or else I would've though differently about cutting it up and modifying it. I had no idea the circular hole was smaller, until I went to install it. Ooops. lol
Are you also saying that a 68-69 would work just fine as well? Champion radiator, good lead I will check that out as well.

Are you also saying that a 68-69 would work just fine as well? Champion radiator, good lead I will check that out as well.

Yes. The CC526 was designed to fit a factory 22" shroud. The only problem is the mounts put the shroud about an inch away from the top and bottom tanks. In order to create a good seal, modification is necessary. I can't vouch for other models of champion radiators.

-
Back