Fan Shroud

-

gtxdude

Reaction score
Do the after market fan shrouds that only go about 2/3 of the way around work? It seems that leaving the bottom 1/3 open is not very efficient. Would they work better if you continued with a piece on the bottom to enclose it? I have one on my aluminum radiator, wondering if I can make it more efficient. thanks

Unless it the type of shroud that conforms to the shape of the core then probably will help a little.

Are you having overheating issues? Which aluminum radiator?

Unless it the type of shroud that conforms to the shape of the core then probably will help a little.

Are you having overheating issues? Which aluminum radiator?

I went from a 165 to 180 thermostat when changing to a Champion 22" 3 row radiator so it always runs a little warmer then I'm used to. It seems fine, sometimes in stop and go traffic it creeps up a little but not bad. I'm just knocking stuff off my winter list before getting the car out this Spring.

I say if its not a huge issue then leave it alone. Tune can cause some heat issues. The best would be a full shroud that i sealed to the radiator. Are the hood and cowl seals in place?

My 340 did not like the Champion 3 row. I went to a Cold Case 2 row and altered stock shroud and it seems happier. But that's my car and build.

-
Back