Farmer vs Labor Dept

-

spl440

Everybody's Fool
Reaction score
GOV’T AGENCIES ARE SO PREDICTABLE.

The Montana Department of Employment, Division of Labor Standards claimed a small rancher was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to investigate him.

GOVT AGENT: I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them.

RANCHER: Well, there's my hired hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board. Then there's the mentally challenged guy. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night so he can cope with life. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally.

GOVT AGENT: That's the guy I want to talk to - the mentally challenged one.

RANCHER: That would be me.

raw

Ain't that the truth about all of us Farmers and ranchers.
Don't get me started or I will start rattling off my Hand washing story from our port o pot parked in the field. Much less our school buses equipped with microwaves etc. or the day they timed how long it took me to get to an eye wash station, or the time they tried to fine us because a guy stuck his head in a tank of shall we say fermenting organic mass! Turns out I did not train him to not put his head in the tank of fermenting goodness! Think fertilizer pile! Farm stories oh yeah we got em!

-
Back