Fast bracket car

-

rick4106

Reaction score
Saw this fine Barracuda at the IHRA team finals in Memphis this past weekend. 572 Predator headed procharged beast. 4.70s in the 1/8. Car is from Ohio. Was having tire shake problems and only running 10 psi of boost.

20170930_105928.jpg

20170930_110001.jpg

i bet he'll get even faster once he gets that number 2 cylinder running aswell

but...i thought bracket racing was about being consistent, not fast?

Yes. But fast cars are still cooler.
yes they are, but the faster u go it seems the harder it is to win in a "bodied" type car.---to me. I never saw a predator headed engine before, didn`t know they were staggered valve heads !

About 25 years ago there was a mustang that raced at my local track. I don't remember if it was a tube frame car or not but it did have some fiberglass parts. Anyway it had a 728 cid engine and would run 5.20s in the 1/8th. He spotted the rails. When ever he ran everyone ran to the fence to watch including the racers. The guy was crazy. Saw him with wheels up for 300 ft. with the nose pointed at the guard rail. He never lifted. Don't know how he kept it off the wall. Everyone remembers that car. Never saw him make it past 3rd round but it didn't matter he was a crowd pleaser.

Yes he lost #2 lifter and ate cam shaft. Let off at 330 and still ran 5.70. I helped him pull the intake. He asked me if i had one. way out of my budget.LOL

Hey, announcer from London Dragway here, that's Randy Chestnut, London local. We parked with team LD real close to him, white 70 duster, driven by Cleve May

Edit: If im not mistaken, he won best engineered door car

-
Back