-
Status
Not open for further replies.

340duster340

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
looking for 16:1 manual box, small sector to fit 66 dart. will consider OEM type box .. if anyone has a flaming river box laying around, that would be great too. please PM with what you have and your price,

looking for 16:1 manual box, small sector to fit 66 dart. will consider OEM type box .. if anyone has a flaming river box laying around, that would be great too. please PM with what you have and your price,

I gotta tell you....I have a 66 Barracuda with factory 16:1 fast ratio manuel steering, and believe me you will get a lot arm exercise when you want to park your car. I am seriously thinking about changing it to the 24:1 for this reason. Sorry, but the 16:1 won't be for sale as if I decide to change it out...it will stay with car.

isn't the power steering like 15to1

Yes...my understanding is the power steering ratio is 15.7:1. The fast ratio has about the same ratio, so you can imagine the force without power assist to move the steering wheel while driving very slow or parking.

I gotta tell you....I have a 66 Barracuda with factory 16:1 fast ratio manuel steering, and believe me you will get a lot arm exercise when you want to park your car. I am seriously thinking about changing it to the 24:1 for this reason. Sorry, but the 16:1 won't be for sale as if I decide to change it out...it will stay with car.

Have you tried a 20:1? It's truly the best of both worlds. Faster ratio, but still pretty easy to steer at low speeds.

Firm Feel has those parts also. We used to call it the NASCAR Box. They are around, but will someone sell one?

I have a manual steering box that came out of a 64 dart 270 4-door 3-on-the-tree car. i don't know what the ratio is, but i am willing to sell it. Is there a way to tell the ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back