fastback 67 barracuda chrome trim

-

leroy

Reaction score
can i put 68 f/b barracuda back window chrome trim on a 67 back window( that has plastic trim), is it possible?

Yes, you will need to install the clips and use the 68 gasket.

Alan

67 Cuda FB window rubber & trim

There is a thread somewhere that has the measurements where the clips go....but I cant find it. Once you find your chrome trim, you might just look hard at it and make the clip line up with the lip right next to the previous wear mark to have good purchase.

Same exercise with the windshield, although not as tough to find trim. Rear FB window trim is a bit pricey.

thanks, my friend said it would work, but it is tricky , i have the trim off a 68 f/b...how many clips do i need...? how many pieces

there is a thread on here somewhere with measurements and numbers. 87% sure of that. i cannot find it right now, but link it if you do. i will do the same. it might be on the same thread as the windshield clip placement.

You can buy clip sets on eBay or from the usual suspects: Layson's, Classic Industries, etc. Here are the layouts.
rearWindowClips.gif
windshieldClips.gif

Hey fellas,
Maybe its a good idea to chime in on this thread or make a link to the gasket goober goo ideas. I cant remember them all. Whats preferred, what works. Just an idea, that way its kind of one stop shop as it does pertain to front and rear window install.

$0.02

i looked up a couple and I think 3M has a compound. I read dont use silicone. and make sure any rust issues are taken care of as pinholes cause leaks.

Last edited:
Hey fellas,
Maybe its a good idea to chime in on this thread or make a link to the gasket goober goo ideas. I cant remember them all. Whats preferred, what works. Just an idea, that way its kind of one stop shop as it does pertain to front and rear window install.

$0.02

i looked up a couple and I think 3M has a compound. I read dont use silicone. and make sure any rust issues are taken care of as pinholes cause leaks.

I've heard that Butyl is the way you want to go. Stays maleable and doesn't like silicone does.

-
Back