Fastback Barracuda measurement needed

-

340_duster

Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing the quarters on my 68 fastback and in trying to get as much gap to the decklid I would like to know what others are measuring for a gap to the decklid, Specifically near the most rearward corner of the quarter panel just in front of the taillight .Then also what the dimension is from that same spot to the oppsoite side, going across the trunk opening.

Thanks in advance :thumleft:

so looking at rear, top of TL on 1/4 or bottom of TL ? and do you mean the outside edge of 1/4 ?
you may want a measurement from inside flat corner where 1/4 ends and trunk opening begins, inside to inside, which is the trunk opening area. or is that what your asking for ?

Can you take a picture and post what you are looking for.

I am looking for the measurement from one side of the car to the other between the left and right hand quarter panel at the rear ward corner top surface of the trunk opening. Just in front of the tail light bezel. I have measured what I had prior to removing my quarter, but I want to compare what others have and if I can improve on my new quarter fit, prior to welding. Thanks again :thumleft:

Attachments

• P5300363.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 126
  • P8140062.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 134
I measured 52&3/8" on my '67 fastback. - That is with the trunk open, - not across the lid.

i got 52 7/16" with trunk open 68 fastback.

The way I do it & ( everyone is diff.) is before takeing the old quarters off align the trunk lid to the quarters. Around a 1/4 to 3/16 gap. Keeping the trunk lid on, then install the new quarters, putting the same size gap in. It is a pain in the a** & some say it cant be done but I have done it many times. Are you putting on full quarters ?

Thanks, I too also measured 52 3/8" . Just wanted to compare other cars, I know that gap can be tight to the tail light.
Yes I am putting on full quarters, and also do have the deck lid still in place.

Thanks again

-
Back