fastback trunk battery relocation question

-

roey94

Reaction score
I am in the process of relocating the battery in my 68 fastback cuda and have a few questions. Since I plan to bring this car to a NHRA track every once in a while I will need to make sure it is compliant with the rules. Saying that does anyone think that just putting a .032 aluminum sheet or a .024 steel sheet on the backside of that fold down panel will make it where the battery does not have to be in a sealed enclosure? If the battery has to be in a sealed enclosure where is everyone placing the enclosures so the back fold down is still operational? Thanks in advance!

I am in the process of relocating the battery in my 68 fastback cuda and have a few questions. Since I plan to bring this car to a NHRA track every once in a while I will need to make sure it is compliant with the rules. Saying that does anyone think that just putting a .032 aluminum sheet or a .024 steel sheet on the backside of that fold down panel will make it where the battery does not have to be in a sealed enclosure? If the battery has to be in a sealed enclosure where is everyone placing the enclosures so the back fold down is still operational? Thanks in advance!
I used .063 alum. on mine. doesn't lay down due to rear cage bars.

-
Back