Fastenall to Fastenall Shipping. Tell me about it.

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I have seen several posts that state Fastenall to Fastenall Shipping. Does that mean you can take something big to a Fastenall store and ship it to another one for less than normal shipping?

It depends.

Not all stores participate, due to not all of them having forklifts for larger items.

You would need to check with the stores at both ends.

Items also travel from one location to another on a purely 'space available, when available' condition.

So there is no set date for the item to arrive.

I have used it & like it, but it may not be for anyone in a rush.

A year or two ago I tried to ship from east coast to California but was told California Fastenal does not participate in the shipping program. Don't know what current policy is.

It's definitely store by store basis. The local Fastenal in Indio/Palm Desert, CA does not, the one in Moreno Valley, CA about 65 miles away does. At least 2 years ago that was the case.

Juat recently received a motor from Ohio to Austin Texas,took one week.
The shipper built a great crate and I received it as shipped.
I was happy for their service and it cost 281.00

I have used them and had good results. Sometimes however, the local store doesn't accept incoming 3PL freight because there is too much stuff coming this direction and they don't have capacity. They seem to always have capacity for outgoing. Depends on the store.
If you hacve something to ship start here:
3PL (Third Party Logistics) | Fastenal

I shipped a 340 block from Illinois to Calif. cost 250 i think it was. This was in December I believe and it took about 10 days to get there.

I shipped a 340 block from Illinois to Calif. cost 250 i think it was. This was in December I believe and it took about 10 days to get there.

Our Tulsa fastenalls wont ship to CAL. period !

I had a 340 engine shipped from Florida to PA. $195. But the guy I bought it from didn't drain the oil out. Some leaked and fastenal charged me $150 for clean up. Took just less than 2 weeks to get here. They don't provide any tracking. Pretty easy to setup tho.

-
Back