fastest way to yank a motor/tranny

-

440duster

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got some property down south of me that I just sold. I've a 67 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe on it that has the original 440/727 combo. It has factory A/C and all the goodies. The motor still cranks and fires & drives but the car is scrap from sitting too long in the weather. Now that the property is sold ( at a huge, huge profit!!!) I want to yank this motor/tranny combo to drop into my 72 dart. What will be the fastest way to yank this motor and combo? I know it won't be environmentally friendly but can I just start cutting hoses and unbolting this thing from the car. It doesn't have to be pretty but the motor/tranny need to come out clean and reusable. The only accessory I'd like to keep is the power steering pump. I was thinking about unbolting the tranny, exhaust and motor mounts and lifting it with a cherry picker. Anything left hanging still attached to the car gets cut with a sawzall or hot wrench. Anyone need any parts from this car? It's in New Braunfels, TX and you can take any parts you want for free minus the motor/tranny combo.

Greg

Also if anyone is interested, it's not a a-body, but I've got a Pontiac Catalina Convertible with a 455 that I'm willing to give away too. It was THE car in the movie "The Last Action Hero" . Unfortunately, it was left in the weather too long too and the ragtop and interior are destroyed. There are a few Buick Skylarks down there too.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/98/377655931_9fd8946bcd.jpg

Get one of the engine hoist balancers. It was one of the best tools I have bought for under 40 bucks then like you said yank it out and sawzall the hell out of it if you don't care.

Too bad you don't have the 53 F-100 that was in that movie (not the crappy one they blew up). LOL I was just listening to that soundtrack the other day.

Yeah, a balancer will definitely come in handy! I guess a harbor freight balancer will work fine. And hell yeah that F-100 was bada**. The soundtrack was sweet too. BIG GUN

-
Back