Father and son project

-

Mik386

Reaction score
This is my 14 year old sons first crazy automotive undertaking and I hope he has many more! It's the remains of a 1972 H code demon.
First the good, it still has the 8 3/4 rear, the 727 and the front disk brake set up. It has a good running 318. It actually yard drives. It also came with 2 AMD full rear quarters, trunk drop offs, outer rocker panels and front floors.
Now the bad, it needs all that new sheetmetal. Also did not come with a nose.
He seems really excited to start, hopefully this will take the place of that stinking X- Box! It's great knowing we have this site to help with the project.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 154
Welcome great project. We all will look forward to see your build thread.

Welcome! I always love when I see a father/son projects! Me and my dad have been building on my car for years. O I'm 34 now we started when I was 11.

Welcome, It will slow the XBox down a bit if he's like my boy.
We started our Duster Project Mid Summer of this year after a delay caused by a move.
Enjoy working with your son.

Congrats on that. My son and I spent a lot of time together under my '74 Satellite up to our elbows in various fluids. I bought it when he was about 14. I signed it over to him when he graduated from Chico State University. He's doing a lot of really neat stuff on it. It's going to be beautiful. This is your great opportunity to get to bond with him and to develop last memories. Plus it gives you something in common to talk about other than the X-box which would have been a very short conversation if I had to rely on that. And then it leads to talking about other stuff in his life. Here's a couple photos from about 2006 and one from a year ago. His car should be ready for paint soon. Enjoy the ride with your boy!

View attachment ab only 01.jpg

View attachment ab only 02.jpg

View attachment cars.jpg

Welcome to FABO!!! Sounds like a great project for you two. I hear ya on the X Box stuff...lol. Lots of great people and info here. Enjoy...

P.S. Beautiful shop :thumleft:. Oh, and the vert on the stands peaks my interest. :D

Welcome to the boards, Just started a father/ son project myself with my 13yr old..... told him he gets the keys when he gets his CDL. Hasn't played with PS3 since we started.........unless hes at his moms house.

-
Back