Father and son restoration 1st car

-
Mounted the scope back on the hood and smoothed it back out.

View attachment 1715451698

View attachment 1715451710
Excellent post and great relationship building process. Would like to ask a question about the material used to smooth out the seam between the scoop and the hood. The reason I am asking is that my bodyshop sadly says that they do not know what to use to ensure that there is no future cracking. Appreciate the time and effort in answering this. Thank you

Excellent post and great relationship building process. Would like to ask a question about the material used to smooth out the seam between the scoop and the hood. The reason I am asking is that my bodyshop sadly says that they do not know what to use to ensure that there is no future cracking. Appreciate the time and effort in answering this. Thank you

We used 3m panel bond. It can be spread then icing body filler. We open and shut the hood a hundred times adjusting the hood and finishing the car and its still good. Time will tell though.

Thank you

No problem. We also tapered the fade outs the scope where they meet the hood to thin them out. Paper thin at edges. Forgot to mention it also got pop riveted down. But some of the heads get ground off in finishing.

A little update on our projects first two hundred miles.

Mile 43. Coil went bad. Replaced. Also replaced thermostat temp was running cool temp problem. fixed
Mile 113. Alternator tension backed off. had to retighten.
Mile 150. Retorqued header bolts for fun. Replaced thermostat gasket. Adjusted muffler. hanger on temp exhaust till we can get it to someone with skill. Changed oil.
Mile 192. Made a couple small. adjustments to carb. Take for test drive I was driving. Brand new heater core didn't like hard pull to 5500rpm. Heater bypass installed. Will be pulling heater box back out that we just rebuild on next rainy day.
The good
For a hopped up 318 this thing pulls hard

For the first transmission i have built I'm in love with it.

No burn outs yet and no launches yet

Got to take our cars to a couple small shows in the last to weeks. The son ended up with some bling to go with his car.

I need to take car of a few things on mine so he doesn't get all of the attention.

20200919_141247.jpg

20200912_112646.jpg

He's got my attention. Fantastic ! Both car look awesome. He's lucky he has you for a dad. My dad was a mechanic and showed me a lot but didn't like Hot rodding. He had 5 boys and probably wanted to keep them all alive. There were a lot muscle car crashes in the 60's.I'm the only one that pushed forward there. My 1st car was a slanty 68 GT ragtop. I have had numerous sport model a-bodies ever since.

-
Back