Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
image.jpeg
Today, in between the raindrops, Aaron and I raised to garage partitions and got the 2nd floor joists done.

We are working on 3 different areas of the house at once, but we are getting there. After its weather tight I'll figure how much of the interior wall I'll take down.

I forgot how heavy wet 20' 2x10s are, but we got it up in the air. Ill frame the gable wall in as soon as the Mrs. makes the final call on the windows. I have come to the conclusion we wont be working on Misty till the fall. But my buddy AlV will come over and get us going on the car again when the house is done...
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender (2).jpg

that was a good looking house before, but, like WOW, that's gonna look awesome. Love the added 'dormer' window into the new garage bay.

More progress on the house. Need to hurry up and finish so I can get back to my car. My son has been an amazing assistant. What a great kid!
FullSizeRender.jpg

I went to my storage unit last night and gave each cylinder a quick shot of WD40 and rotated the motor by hand 1 full cycle. The motor has never been fired since rebuild and that was well over 3 years ago. My son was relieved it was not seized, he's a big worrier.

The house looks awesome! What kind of siding are you using? The skills your son is learning working with you on the house will help carry him far in life. Time well spent! :thumbsup:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The house looks awesome! What kind of siding are you using? The skills your son is learning working with you on the house will help carry him far in life. Time well spent! :thumbsup:
Thanks JD
It's all plastic! Vinyl corners, clapboard and shakes, and the frieze boards are Azek. The soffits are vinyl with aluminum fascia.
I'm thrilled how it's coming out...

I initially thought it was vinyl, but you threw me off with the section underneath the double window in the new garage. My set in it's ways mind said all vinyl starts at the bottom...lol. You must be gonna do shakes up to the window or something? The layout and color combo is beautiful.

I initially thought it was vinyl, but you threw me off with the section underneath the double window in the new garage. My set in it's ways mind said all vinyl starts at the bottom...lol. You must be gonna do shakes up to the window or something? The layout and color combo is beautiful.
Going to do stone where there is no siding. Now to get my wife to decide on the color and style...

Stop it Keith! That's staying brick. I'd like to get back to my car before I'm in the nursing home
jus axin... Didn't say ya needed it done by Tuesday. :D lol
Certainly not trying to add to your to do list. Would like to see you WRAP IT UP and get that car running!

-
Back