Favorite assembly lube?

-

Dartish

Reaction score
Just wondering what your favorite assembly lube is for installing main, rod bearings, etc? I've used Lubri- plate for awhile but my last tube is about empty. What's every body else using now days?

I use the old fashioned gm EOS.... Lubriplate does not mix with engine oil... I used it decades ago, too.

I used STP on a stock 318 late 70's. First build knowing nothing but a Chilton's. Must of gotten lucky cause no issues even after no start and discovering machine shop forgot the oil plug in back of block between motor and auto tranny. And oil all over ground. Probably what I'll use on 340 when I get around to it, along with zinc oil. Whick is what I had back then also. Didn't scrimp on oil.

Back in the '70's I used some great stuff that was almost black. I believe it came in a small round metal can with a metal lid. It was nothing like that sticky honey-like junk that is sold today. Only wish I could remember the name and try to find it somewhere.

Back in the '70's I used some great stuff that was almost black. I believe it came in a small round metal can with a metal lid. It was nothing like that sticky honey-like junk that is sold today. Only wish I could remember the name and try to find it somewhere.

Moly assembly lube is what I use.

-
Back