FAVORITE Car Chase Movies.

-
I go to San Fransisco about once a year to visit my Brother-in-law. On one of my first visits me & the wife did one of those sight-seeing double decker tour bus rides. Naturally the driver is showing us where Lombard St. is and where they filmed the Rice-a-roni commercial. Guess what I asked?

Divisidero St. <spell?> was the main street where they did the jumps. This year I'm renting me some wheels (with the extra insurance naturally...) and I'm going for a ride. I'll try and talk Amy into video taping the carnage... :-D

Yeah San Fran is purdy cool for stunt driving. Super easy to get lost up there though?!
Ok so "The City" isnt very far from here, and for a field trip we were supposed to go up there and stay on THE C.A. THAYER an old TALL Sailing boat. For a sort of history lesson... I asked my dad to drive, "The City?! Yeah I would love to drive you boys Max!"
Rad, so Chris (His dad had a Porsche) Ben (my best friend) Rusty (Rusty was my Rival, we didn't like eachother but he was one of the cool kids to...) and I hoped in my dad's '69 FORD Galaxie 500 2-Door Fastback with a 390c.i. Block and heavy duty Van Cargo springs!! We left a little late but then did about 100MPH (to make up the time ;) We got there early so we went down Lombard st. and by Golden Gate Park.

And we Jumped about 3 intersections before heading to the boat! I was sitting center rear and mashed my head into the ceiling harder each time. I didn't say nothin though it was way too much fun!!! We then met up with the class and to say the least we had a hard time listening to some lady about an old boat. We were hanging back making car sounds and dramatic arm movements trying to explain how cool my dad was!
When we left we all went across the street to Ghirardelli Square and got cool candy treats. Then we hopped back in "Hazel" (Original owners name she was like 80 when my dad bought the car from her) and took the coast back to this windy lil mountian road called "ALBA" road. It is scary and overheats the brakes in anything when you try to ralley. All of us boys where terrified I think. We got back to school (I was in 4th Grade @ S.L.E.) and waited for about 40 minutes for ANYONE else to show up. We played handball and pogs for a while.
Anyways Rusty wanted to be my best friend now... And all my friends thought my dad was a total Bad ***! They where right!!!
-Thanks Dadio;)

RP... My older brother and I ran the route in 1973. We had gotten ahold of a copy of the movie and played it in slo-mo many times while looking at the street signs and a map.
After the 2nd jump, I came to my senses as it would be a long walk back to Cincinnati.
The next morning we went to Harrah's Museum and looked at about 800 cars.

not any mopars in the show,but,you guys forgot the hollywood knights.great movie!

I have not seen any of those movies. I have seen Gone in sixty seconds with Nicolas Cage. I thought that American Graffiti was a good movie.

The one in bourne identity or which ever is the first one I think had a good one even if it was with foreign crap.:angry7:

not any mopars in the show,but,you guys forgot the hollywood knights.great movie!

I had this movie on tape. Must have watched it a couple of dozen times.

"Hey Newbaum" Where's your ElCamino

Don't forget "The moods not right" in the back seat of the "Pie Wagon"

"Just a little"

DEATHPROOF is AWESOME! In that creepy Quentin Terrintino kinda way... Watch it! For these reasons.
-3 Hot Chicks
-A Nova and a Civic are completely destroyed!!!
-4 More Hott Chicks!!!
-440 1970 Challenger referred to as "The Vanishing Point Car" smashes up a 69 Charger!

oh yeah i think there is some stupid hideous mustang in there somewhere too. Regardless it is all Real Stunt driving and completely Bad *** modern movie with cool old cars! Rent it Borrow it Steal it Ask a Pirate?! Just watch it!!!!

Grindhouse is AWESOME! In that creepy Quentin Terrintino kinda way... Watch it! For these reasons.
-3 Hot Chicks
-A Nova and a Civic are completely destroyed!!!
-4 More Hott Chicks!!!
-440 1970 Challenger referred to as "The Vanishing Point Car" smashes up a 69 Charger!

oh yeah i think there is some stupid hideous mustang in there somewhere too. Regardless it is all Real Stunt driving and completely Bad *** modern movie with cool old cars! Rent it Borrow it Steal it Ask a Pirate?! Just watch it!!!!

It's called "Death Proof".....:thebirdm:

...who cares if the BB stang beats up on a RT charger. Those were probably the stock size tires that came on a 1968 RT charger! The mustang was modified with torque thrust wheels , bigger tires, engine mods, etc. and the only reason it could catch the mopar was because it was writtenin the script.

Anybody that knows anything knows there wasn't very many Mustangs fast enough to give a BB Charger a run. I guess if I was a Ferd guy I'd love it.:munky2:

Looks like the Charger blows the Mustang into the weeds to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCzRaxUCSrA

Looks like the Charger blows the Mustang into the weeds to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCzRaxUCSrA

Proper! THanks for clearing that up.

Bullit just seems weak and over-rated as far as car chase movies go. Even from the same era. I wish it wasn't so hyped up. How many times do you see that same green Beetle. Like 6 or 8 times?! Chase only lasts like 5 minutes. Steve's mustang breaks its wheel off from sliding in gravel and gets stuffed into a ditch for no apparent reason. Coulda been better. A lot better. Sorry guys don't mean to burst the your bubble but it just was not that good of a chase scene... And a crappy movie all together

Has anyone mentioned 'Cannonball' with David Carradean?

There was also a cheesy movie made called, "Finish Line, A Cruise Down Memory Lane". Kind of corney, but the beginning has some race scenes in it, some hot chicks in it, but this awesome yellow Bird and a Charger RT in it.

Yes, i forgot about the original Cannonball. Isnt that the one where David Carradine drives that early 70's Camaro?

I saw a 64 Custom 880 in Gone In 60 Seconds yesterday, I have watched that countless times and never seen it.

right after the Mustang jumps the cars at the end, and drives up the street, there is a far shot, with cars turning left, there is a 64 880 behind a red Capri turning left.

Wish i still had that car.

-
Back