Favorite christmas Movies ?

-
I went and saw that movie in the theater when it came out .

Its A Wonderful Life, Christmas Vacation, never thought of Die Hard as a Christmas movie, never got in to Christmas Story, guess i gotta watch it again. The 1930s version of Christmas Carol

"Santa Claus Conquers the Martians"...just kidding.

The favorites...

Movies:
Scrooge (1951)
It's A Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

TV:
Rudolph
Charlie Brown
Grinch
The old Dean Martin Christmas shows from the 1960s

Everything mentioned brings back a lot of memories!

Found this yesterday. Pretty funny.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEsL8KPNchM&feature=player_detailpage"]Blake Shelton & Larry The Cable Guy-(Go Hunting) - YouTube[/ame]

Bad Santa!! Love it!!!

Dont watch it is you are easily offended.
love that movie -the part where they're teaching the kid how to fight, Tony Cox gets hit and he falls over stiff and his feet come up in the air kills me. Every time I watch it I have to pause it there until I stop laughing.
And Lauren Graham is hot.
oh yeah, and RIP Bernie Mac and John Ritter:sad:

second favorite is Die Hard.

May not be a Christmas Classic, but "Christmas Vacation" Love that Movie, watch it every year, just Too Funny

Attachments

• Griswold-House-700px.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 104
All if the above, plus one of my favorite Bogart movies, "We are no Angels". It's a fairly good comedy with old time values (takes place on Devils Island in 1895), featuring Aldo Ray, Nigel Rathborne, and I believe Peter Ustinov.

The 68 driver cuda in front of a famous house.

Attachments

• P1090765-2.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 78
I grew up in a small town in south Texas and my wife and I lived there for the first 15 years of our marriage. Job opportunities dried up over the years and it became harder and harder to make a good living, which eventually forced us to move the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

I could relate to Jimmy Stewart in 'It's a Wonderful Life'. His character always wanted out of Bedford Falls and every time it seemed like he was going to be able to get out, things happened beyond his control that forced him to have to stay put. When we lived down in south Texas, I felt just like George Bailey. Unlike George Bailey, we DID have to move to make a fresh start.

In Charlie Brown's Christmas, there is the scene in which Linus recites the King James version of the passage from Luke chapter 2, the account of the birth of Jesus. Every other year or so, our church plays an audio recording of that scene. There's a certain poetry in the King James version of those passages that you just don't get from other translations. And the child actor who played Linus read those passages with such child like simplicity, yet many a great pastor has not been able to evoke that kind of emotion.

A Christmas Story gave us an accurate portrayal of childhood imagination. Watching Ralphie was like looking at myself at that age. Everything he imagined in the movie, I imagine at one point in my childhood.

I like all the Christmas movies, but my favorite is "A Christmas Story."

-
Back