Favorite horror flick?

-
My wife and I love horror movies and watch all of them that we can find.....one of my favorites is the Descent....5 chicks go spelunking and find some creatures in the cave....I like movies that have a possibilty of being true more that the fake stuff but I like the fake stuff as well. If you watch or have seen the Descent the director did a Werewolf movie as well that is very good called Dog Soldiers.....IMO this guy made some great movies on a shoestring budget and needs to get some real money for another movie. Growing up Catholic the Exocist and the the prequal that tells the story of Father Merrin and his first encounter with the demon creep me out big time. I liked the Hills have Eyys but the sequel sucked ***. Another good movie is Silent Hill and Vacancy was pretty good causeit's real easy to watch Kate Beckensale walk around.

Right on, Descent was a very good movie, play on your fears of dark places and having those human size "golumn" looking guys creeping around in the dark is very creepy. I used to really get moved when i watched Jaws, but now not so much now, as an adult he looks way to fake, although the movie is still good.

Has no one heard of one of Tarentino's most recent flicks, "Death Proof" with Kurt Russell. Awesome, especially if you like Mopars!!

My favorite movie is the one when my ex wife and my current mother out/law get eaten by a bear,can,t remember the movie but its going to be good,mrmopartech

I remembered being really scared as a kid when I saw the origonal B/W version "The Thing From Another World" with Marshall Dillion from Gunsmoke (shoot I can't think of the actor's name...) who played the crashed / stranded Martian that the science team cut from under the ice. A low buget movie, but done very well. Was not as bloody & special effectie as John Carpenter's later remake.
I remember that orginal "The Haunting" as well, had me peaking around a doorway, watching the TV from a safe distance as a child.

The Exorcist did it for me. I saw on the big screen when I was teen. That movie freaked me out, and it will always be rated "#1 scarriest flick".

The original Blob was good. I'm too young to have seen that on the big screen!:lol:

Christine was an awesome car/horror movie. "Wrong Turn" has a Dodge Ramcharger in it!

"Motel Hell" was a serious low budget gross out flick. I dug it! (no pun intended LOL!).

The original "The Haunting" was awesome too. That would be my #2 pick. The first "Aliens" is #3. I will never forget that thing popping out of that guys gut at the dinner table.

John Carpenter's 1982 version of The Thing with Kurt Russell was another good one.
They just made Wrong Turn 2 with Henry Rollins in it....streight to DVD so who knows how crappy it is.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=25366
I can't wait for Planet Terror to come out on dvd. I missed it in the theater and Nikki really wanted to see it at the drive in. Yes, there is still a drive in theater in the Seattle area. 2 movies for 7 bucks a head just as long as ya still got AM and thats all my 73 has lol.

A drive-in still...how cool! Ours disappeared about a decade ago after succumbing to Wal-Mart. What great memories I have of that old drive-in. I agree, The Thing was a good one!:thumbup:

Wow !! you have a drive inn there 360csmp.:happy1:

Know I can't take all the girls I have enjoyed off of my mind.:downtown:

Of course I am talking about Treva.:scratch:......NOT:thumbup:

Yep!!! you know it.:scratch:
but she is playing Texas hold,em:headbang:

Thanks for the reminder and watching my back.:thumbup:

Surely you can't be serious.
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

Sorry I couldn't help it. :lol:

Don't forget the Autopilot. I loved the part where the Doctor walks in while the Stewardess is using the "manual inflation device" located below his belt buckle. But I digress.............

i'm suprised no one has mentioned the "saw" series, or for that matter texas chain saw massacure... what about the first 3 friday the thirteenth's?:happy1:

i'm suprised no one has mentioned the "saw" series, or for that matter texas chain saw massacure... what about the first 3 friday the thirteenth's?:happy1:

Damn...I was going through all the posts and was thinking, "Man, I can't believe no one has said Saw." I get to the LAST post and you said the same thing!! LOL!!

Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hills Have Eyes, The Grudge, The Ring, the original Amityville Horror, The Exorcist (of course), Wolfen...man, I could go on all day...there's just TOO MANY!!

Jeepers Creepers, funny yet scary. Although as a little kid the Phantasm movies were scary at the time. I remember my Bro and I would make a fist chase each other around trying to spike each other in the head. all it took was to make the sound and we'd be running around like maniacs.
Speaking of older movies how bout Prophecy, I would not sleep in a mummy style sleeping bag because of that movie.

Exorcist did it for me....I had to sleep on the floor next to my bed for a week because I thought it was going to shake the **** outta me!!
When I was a kid I watched a weekly show called the ghoul and he would blow up model cars and stupid ****.....popcorn, movies, a blanket, hot "baby" sitter, staying up late to watch the ghoul and monster theater, man those where the days.

-
Back