Favorite smells

-
When I was little and Moms still got up and cooked their husband breakfast before work. I can still smell coffee and breakfast meats.

Bacon
Coffee
Spring in the woods
The Smell of an old Alumacraft fishing boat
Cedar
Fresh engine breaking in
Some perfumes... I'll be walking downtown Denver and some little cutie passes me by and BANG!, I get a little whiff of a perfume I KNOW I've smelled before.
My shop (mix of gas, oil, paint, chain lube, carb cleaner, etc.)
Gunpowder
Brats on the grill
Baking bread
Bakeries! The real ones where they make all kinds of stuff.
The Dragstrip
Fresh cut wood and chainsaw exhaust
Fresh cut lawn
Leaves burning (been a long time since I smelled that)
Campfire/fireplace

I think I got it covered. EDIT: Almost forgot fireworks.

^ i have to agree with fresh cut lawns

also tool territority/ lawn and garden section at sears too .

nothing like the smell of a brand new lawn tractor

some hardware stores have that smell too...especially in the summer when they have grass seeds and fertilizers there.

well with my family in the middle of winter with all the windows up and passing gas my wife would like to shoot me or my son. my favorit smell wood be the woods many years ago my dad would run the fire trails in his 68 road runner with the hole family in the car

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMUWKf6tJGw"]My Many Smells - YouTube[/ame]

Bacon
fresh cut grass
fresh cut lumber
Early mornings at the farm when i was a kid [my favorite smell].
Asphalt/roofers tar kettle
burnt rubber
racing fuel
BBQ
Fresh baked bread

Bacon
fresh cut grass
fresh cut lumber
Early mornings at the farm when i was a kid [my favorite smell].
Asphalt/roofers tar kettle
burnt rubber
racing fuel
BBQ
Fresh baked bread

It's funny that you bring up roofing tar. When I was in the second grade, or so, the roof of my school got re-tarred (?). The workers worked out of the play ground. To this day, when ever I smell tar I am INSTANTLY taken back to second grade recess.

I am in my shop and I forgot to add one of my favorite odors.....I am sitting here reading old magazine issues of "Speed and Custom" and "Super Stock" from April of 1966, the smell of the vintage paper that rises up as I read the pages is awesome, something only an old mag can offer :glasses7:

Ok, I am a car nerd junkie and I need help......:D

The smell of fall in the woods reminds me of hunting back home and climbing in the mountains. The smell of sauerkraut cooking reminds me a lot of being back home. I have another very weird one, rock climbers use chalk on their hands to soak up their sweat on their hands and every time I smell it I feel like I am on a climbing trip with my friends. Oh yea and Victoria Secret perfume takes me back to high school in a second.

I will always like the smells of a farm. The hay barn, the cow barn, climbing up into the silo to fork down some feed!!!! AH....the good old days!!!!!!!

Old mopar interior
My uncle's semi interior
Butches bore shine solvant
Wood stove burning
The smell of fish in the air come spring
And the smell of our old race track (RIP) Thunder Valley

I miss the smell of a hay filled barn and just thinking about it brings me back 8-)

Burning leaves in the fall and walking past the bakery in town. Old wood fishing boats with the smell of gas/oil and fish.

The smell of a wood burning stove wafting through the air.

Baby backs on the grill.

Lilacs in the spring..

I remember driving my '70 Charger home when I was a teen all the time at nite (spring/summer) when the oranges were in blossom. What a nice smell.

Coffee brewing in the morning.

And yes the distinct smell of an old Mopar! Nothing finer in the world except for maybe, well use your imagination.

Oh forgot in above post....outside in the cold and the smell of a wood burning stove, that brings me back the those OLD farm days as a kid. My Aunt owned an old 65 acre farm and we cleaned all the barns out, painted, put up barb wire fencing. Oh now I remember the CRAZY young teen age thing we did....we had an old 40 foot wooden ladder on the roof of the barn to paint the silo!!!! MAN those were the days, if only we could go back in time, I would stay rite there!!!!

The smell of the 5.5 Evinrude when started up in the early morning goin fishin'

Or

A 125/250 dirt bike or the old KAWASAKI triples

Or

A chainsaw mixed with fresh cut wood/sawdust.

This'll probably get me banned!

Bad taste warning!!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_BGyLZhY40"]fat bastard - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back