FBBO/FABO MEMBER MADE FINALS @ pinks a/o MAPLE GROVE

-
i watched it last night with my wife for the 1st time, after watching it, she was smart saying,its the roll of the dice and total luck.
at any given time the results could have been different.
brake fluid, deep staging, too fast, catastrophic failure.
just look at how many different scenerios changed the outcome of the race.
i also think it should have been 2 out of 3 for the final race with us.
a few bucks for the runner up would also been nice!8)

Congratulations SSR!! That sure was one wild episode. Great to see Mopar vs. Mopar in the final. I couldn't believe the knucklehead that had it won but rolled the lights. I bet he was crying.

It's hard to believe someone could make such a mistake, especially after being so consistent all night.(the camaro guy)

The dude with the datsun did comes off like a tool, but as big of a tool as that technical director that went off on rich. WTF was that,

It's hard to believe someone could make such a mistake, especially after being so consistent all night.(the camaro guy)

The dude with the datsun did comes off like a tool, but as big of a tool as that technical director that went off on rich. WTF was that,

that tech. director was a ****. you had to see him teching in the cars. anyone out of state that wasn't a local maple grove racer got the 3rd degree.
they almost didnt allow drjayo to race because of a trans. blanket issue.
he went over everything in my car and you can see that everything on my car is neat and done right.but he still tried to find something.

Eddie in the Camaro:-({|=:violent1::sad11:The M.G.R. tech guy:thebirdm::banghead:](*,):butthead:What a legacy to leave for Maple Grove

PINKS MAPLE GROVE 058.jpg

PINKS MAPLE GROVE 057.jpg

PINKS MAPLE GROVE 059.jpg

PINKS MAPLE GROVE 234.jpg

that tech. director was a ****. you had to see him teching in the cars. anyone out of state that wasn't a local maple grove racer got the 3rd degree.
they almost didnt allow drjayo to race because of a trans. blanket issue.
he went over everything in my car and you can see that everything on my car is neat and done right.but he still tried to find something.

That's crazy. Something tells me that if there is another season of pinks, they wont be going to maple grove.

That's crazy. Something tells me that if there is another season of pinks, they wont be going to maple grove.

PINKS EDITED the part when the **** tech director said that they will never have pinks back to maple grove ever again.
i was right in the thick of it. listening to all of them make fools out of themselves.
best part was when the winey lady lost her shoes and socks on the starting line from the vht.:cheers:

Sorry I'm late to this party. I set up the 15 projection system outside with a huge concert sound system from the office. 40 foot tent and yes my little lady cooked her tail off for the 30+ that showed. Those photos of the black swinger is my car and Bruce the tech director breaking my stones. My car is safe and to the rules dead nuts. He was so inconsistent. How many "F" cars (10.50-10.0) were shown in the final 32. Funny how 5 of them made it farther into the show running in a 9.90 field. That's how they got through tech knowing either they had the wrong gear, wrong bar, or no comp license. 2 examples come to mind. The blue post dart only had a 6 point cage and the Mustang in the final was wearing jeans. Regardless I got my camera time yelling in the finals, more camera time with blood pooring out of my face on that last run. It was an awesome event, a great party at my house with great food folks, and fun, and I have the scar on my face to remember this one for a long time.

how does bruce the **** tech director show his face there after that episode.
now thats a tool,if i ever saw one.
he broke my balls too.

Great job SRR now you can sit next to my dart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait to the day we are side by side with the new combo. hopefully this happens this year.:clock:
8.30's is in the cards for sure. i think you might be faster.you got that beast moving for sure and its august.:cheers:

Great job Superstock.....too much drama with the Maple Grove and Datsun queens but it was nice seeing some Mopars. We don't have near as many of em down here.

i think the only way i could have beaten the camaro is if i totally tree'd him which it looks like a got out a little bit 1st watching the video in slo mo.
rich looks like he pointed in my direction stating i got the jump but it wasn't enough. 6 hundredths difference is huge. camaro was the faster car.
5987408-MapleGrove-0510-6740x.jpg

Congrats on the final! Nice looking car!

Maple Grove guys are the WORST. Its not about drag racing, its about those jackasses being IN CHARGE.

I was there at an NMRA event a couple years back. They pulled the points champion in one of the classes because her front wheel studs didn't go all the way through the lugs (when the rule is that they only have to go into the lug equal to their diameter), and then another tech guy FLEW through the super crowded pit area in a dually to chase down a scooter he thought was going too fast in the pits.

Funny, NMRA Doesn't go there anymore either....

Congrats on the final! Nice looking car!

Maple Grove guys are the WORST. Its not about drag racing, its about those jackasses being IN CHARGE.

I was there at an NMRA event a couple years back. They pulled the points champion in one of the classes because her front wheel studs didn't go all the way through the lugs (when the rule is that they only have to go into the lug equal to their diameter), and then another tech guy FLEW through the super crowded pit area in a dually to chase down a scooter he thought was going too fast in the pits.

Funny, NMRA Doesn't go there anymore either....

yep i agree , was in the staging lanes for a $10,000 footbrake race and was sick and ran to the bathroom, when i came back, 2 cars behind me went around me and they didnt let me make my 1st qualiying time shot.
they just blow there. never really had a warm aqnd fuzzy feeling there. needless to say, i wont be back any time soon.
that tech guy bruce is one big TOOL!:sign10:

I just watched this on Hulu. I never thought I would see a double disqualification.

A few thoughts on the show:

The first guy in the Camaro totally rolled through the lights. he would've been DQ'd at any race.

Mr. Datsun broke the rules plain and simple. He knew what the rules were, the tech jerk knew what the rules were and they were way out of line. Fat guy spectator had no business in there at all.

The last guy in the Camaro got excited and forgot how to use his trans brake. What a way to throw 10 grand out the window. I bet he doesn't forget that for a long, long time. i almost feel sorry for him. At least he didn't make scene and embarass himself like the tech director and the Datsun people.

SuperStockRacer, you ran a clean race and although you didn't win, you showed you have class. Congratz man, you deserve it and that is one badass Belvedere.

I just watched this on Hulu. I never thought I would see a double disqualification.

A few thoughts on the show:

The first guy in the Camaro totally rolled through the lights. he would've been DQ'd at any race.

Mr. Datsun broke the rules plain and simple. He knew what the rules were, the tech jerk knew what the rules were and they were way out of line. Fat guy spectator had no business in there at all.

The last guy in the Camaro got excited and forgot how to use his trans brake. What a way to throw 10 grand out the window. I bet he doesn't forget that for a long, long time. i almost feel sorry for him. At least he didn't make scene and embarass himself like the tech director and the Datsun people.

SuperStockRacer, you ran a clean race and although you didn't win, you showed you have class. Congratz man, you deserve it and that is one badass Belvedere.

RAMCHARGER, you hit it on the head. everything you said is absolutely correct.Thanks for the kind words.
Tech guy was on the Datsuns side because he's a local racer.tech guy broke all of us ny'ers balls in tech.
If you look at my car, everything is done correctly from the front of the car to the back.
i make sure everything is correct and all parts are in perfect condition. that tech guy was trying to find something wrong with my car.
he was clumbing through my car and under it lookingfor every date while the local Pa. boys walked right through. it was evident there was favoritism going on there.
All in all it was a great experienence and i had a ton of help making it happen.
65HEMIATLEBANONVALLEY82810.jpg

I guess its worth it to do it right. Imagine if one of your SFI decals had been out of date.

You'd be like - "That trans blanket (or whatever) just cost me 10 Large!"

Congrats again.

-
Back