FBO Plate

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
No I don't have a car yet, but I was wanting to just ask a question. What is a FBO plate and what is it's purpose? If nobody replies, I understand.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check it out.
You're welcome. Just a little FYI. They don't always limit the timing exactly as the slots represent. That's something you'll have to verify either by timing light or on the distributor machine. They do work and work well, they are just not "the same" in every distributor, if that makes sense.

You're welcome. Just a little FYI. They don't always limit the timing exactly as the slots represent. That's something you'll have to verify either by timing light or on the distributor machine. They do work and work well, they are just not "the same" in every distributor, if that makes sense.
It makes sense. I'm over due for a new timing light, what brand would you recommend? I already started reading the article and it's interesting. I'm glad you sent me that article.

The one I have did not limit as much as the slot showed. It limited it less than it said by like 3. if I recall exactly I was aiming for 16 and I am getting more like 19 out of the distributor. This was verified with a couple timing lights.

It's a great tuning piece though.

-
Back