[WANTED] Feather Duster Hood

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would A hood of a 1973 Dart Swinger work for you? I know it would work for my 76 Dart Swinger. I'm in Michigan and would sell it for $50 if you wanted to come and get it.

Would A hood of a 1973 Dart Swinger work for you? I know it would work for my 76 Dart Swinger. I'm in Michigan and would sell it for $50 if you wanted to come and get it.

The feather duster hood has an aluminum under bracing. And I believe it would only be from a duster valiant or scamp. Thanks for asking.

Feather Duster and Dart Lite (Sport) were a factory package option only available on a '76 Duster or Dart Sport. But you never know if someone may have swapped hoods afterwards. A magnet is a useful tool. But you can tell visually because the underbracing is crimped to the top sheetmetal instead of being welded. You can just make out the approx. 3/16" x 3/4" crimps on this Dart Lite hood. Trunk is "bonded" so you need a magnet to confirm. (I was buying a "set" from a car once, but the trunk didn't have an aluminum underside!) The hoods save about 10-15 lbs.

Dart Lite hood 002.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back