Feather Duster revival

-

amoparacer

Reaction score
Well want one for along time got luck this one is a survivor has been parked since 1985.

Here is a link to the coming home pictures.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=252784&highlight=Feather+duster

Did some work on it today. Changed the plugs cap and rotor running much better but in the next few days i will rebuild the carb and install a new valve cover gasket.

Did take her for a spin about 10 miles drives well steering is lose though.

Okay so Saturday I rebuilt the carb went very well have not been able to get the choke working yet but car runs grate. Before picture only forgot to take one of finished carb. Then I removed the valve cover holy crap bat man see photos below guess some water was in the engine.:wack::wack::wack::wack::tongue9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 219
If that isn't dirty enough check out these glad there where 4 blots missing from valve cover promoting me to remove it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 225
All cleaned up now new rubber valve cover gasket installed. Today Ill drain oil and run in driveway with ATF and new filter for an hour then change to new oil with another new filter.
Try to remember to take picture of rebuilt carb.

Okay so after the First clean up my buddy had to go home but he talked me into driving it to see how she runs. I ran great drove about 6 mile parked it after. So 2 days latter went out to start it she did not want to so I primed the carb and it started but was running rough #1 was dead. Opened oil cap and could see intake valve push rod was bent. Hum removed valve cover and all push rods one was bad one other was slighly bent. So closed the hood and bought heavy duty push rods off ebay. So when saturday came my push rods were here. So I removed the rocker and cleaned them all up also took the opportunity to hit each valve tip with hammer to make sure non were stuck. Then installed new push rods and reinstalled rockers started her up and let warm up then i adjusted the valve while running . Ran it in driveway again for 3 hours then drained tranny fluid and installed new oil filter and 10-30 took her out for a spin runs great. So later I drove to the parts store and bought head light switch and flasher unit. yes I have working lights so I drove it to a party yes. Now I need to make the choke work. But good progress for a saturday.

Okay so today i went out to top off the tranny and Diff. Second pump stroke pump broke off WOW what a Piece of sh&%. Moved on to replacing fuel pump. Fits like a glove. Then I removed the choke the spring was clocked so there was no presure to close the choke so i removed it and re clocked it 180 works fine now. Took some pictures of the bottom of the car. This is california rust all you EAST COAST GUYS TRY NOT TO LAUGH.!!!!! Dirt every where i have washed it at least 4 times now still finding more.

Attachments

• Rear shock.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 145
  • Passanger side lower.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Passanger Dirt.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Leaf spring bushing.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Frame pass.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Floor pass side.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Floor 1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 139
  • new fuel pump.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 130
So inside the trunk was a spillage of under coating. Scrapped it out the best i could but the man also spilled it in the passenger quarter panel so pics bellow not sure yet how to get it out dont wanna burn down the car getting it out but its gotta go. The rear end has been leaking a long time see pick below.

Attachments

• Junk in trunk.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 130
  • Junkie rear end.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Passanger side lower.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 117
-
Back