feather duster start help

-

Markrenner

Reaction score
sooo i was admiring my feather duster in the garage of course had to start it. i was dumb and forgot i left it in gear cause the parking break doesnt work and let go of the clutch and as you can imagine it went jerked forward quite bad:eek:ops:. Anyway ever since that happened i have to literally floor it to get it to start. im guessing it has something to do with the fuel supply? help a newbie???

sounds like the float is stuck. tap on the front /top with a rubber mallet or something similar. not too hard though. do this while it is idling

I know I need to adjust the float I just got the manual today so I haven't had much time with it. Will this fix it?

I adjust the float and it started right up and then died idling now it won't start even with my foot floored

Take hose off gas line to carb then turn over and see if your getting gas from fuel pump.

what kind of carb is this? take the air cleaner off. look down the throat, open the throttle, you should immediately see gas coming out of the squirters. if you dont, then you dont have adequate fuel pressure or your float adjustment wasnt correct. did you rebuild this carb or only adjust the float ? im only guessing because im not there and i dont know what you are working on. pics would help. being a feather duster i gather this is a single throat 2 barrel

Okay so the fuel lines are definately good I'll post pics as soon as I get home. Thanks for all the help guy! It looks like a Holley 1945 but it doesn't have the solanoid that I see in the manual diagram

here are some pics of the air filter removed and the linkage. it has pressure and fuel in the lines

Attachments

• image.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image[1].jpg
    14 KB · Views: 111
  • image[2].jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 111
  • photo.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 105
The choke plate doesn't move at all but I've inspected the linkage system and diagrams but can't find the reason why it doesn't move! I'm assuming I've overlooked some part

You have to move the throttle lever on the carb to allow the choke plate to move. There is a little stepped plate that does not allow you to close the choke unless the throttle is open. This is way you have to hit the gas pedal to set your choke.

-
Back