Fed-Ex rant

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
i didnt think we covered fedex in our recent complaints about shippers so here goes

last friday i order 4 tires from a seller on ebay
im in MI they are in NC

on monday the seller updates me that the tires have shipped and i should see them on wednesday

fair enough, i dont expect them to ship over the weekend, so 2 days from MC to MI, thats over 700 miles, thats not bad

so wednesday there comes a knock on my door, and sure enough, its the fedex guy
"hey, how are you, got a tire for you"
i said 1 tire?

yup, thats all i got
so i guess one of them went on ahead and decided to show up on time

they each have their own tracking number and sure enough the other 3 still show in NC

no big deal, these are tires for the plow truck and it isnt snowing yet, so no rush, i guess i will see them on thursday

thursday rolls by....nothing
thursday night, i check the the tracking again and all 3 remaining tires are now in OH
thats not to far, i guess they will get here friday

friday morning, sure enough, the delivery day (which was wednesday) has now been updated to friday so fingers crossed, right?

so im enjoying my coffee reading up on some modern day Brandon Lee on fabo when there is a knock on my door

"hey, good morning i got a tire for you"
did you say 1 tire?

"yeah, i thought it was kinda odd, most guys order them by fours...but i dont load the trucks i just drive em"

yeah, well, i was really hoping you had 3 for me

well, he didnt and so now i got two tires at the house, and 2 are still left in OH

i checked the tracking number and now there is NO expected delivery date, only a statement saying

"potentially delayed"

and all 4 of these are shipments that require a signature for delivery so im trying to plan around them

lets just say, i am irked

FedEx has been horrible in general lately. Here in my area just about everyone quit and they are breaking in new people. It's a mess right now.

My Dad have been getting deliveries that are for the same house number 1 street over. In the spring, I gave my parents a fancy sign stating the house number AND street name, and placed it in plain view. Since that time, twice, he has received the neighbors packages. They are car / truck parts of some kind and they are quite heavy. First time, I brought them to their correct home (no one home). Second time, my dad said to leave them there. After getting no where on the phone with the shipper, he drove to the nearest facility (nearby) and he gave them an earful. Shipper showed up shortly afterwards, retrieved the packages, and brought them a short distance to the correct place.

Speaking of :lol: One just passed the house making deliveries. All doors on the van open and playing Hip Hop at about 80 decibels so all the neighbors would know his poor taste in music :rofl:

-
Back